AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: How to print to PDF in color?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mrplans
18865 Views, 2 Replies

Help: How to print to PDF in color?

A client wants me to output the floor plans in standard black and white with the exception of the title, which she wants to have colored burgandy. I currently have my plans and sheets with titles setup in paperspace and I output to PDF by typing plot then selecting PDF from the dropdown menu. I know I can add a colored title in photoshop, but I'd rather skip that step given the volume of plans we'll be doing.

How do I get just the title on my paperspace sheet to print in a specific color? See attached.

Thanks. 

Thanks,
Peter
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: mrplans

Hi Peter,

You can try to use this trick.
If you have CTB based drawing, in Advanced Page setup dialog set MONOCHROME.CTB plot style table for your drawing, assign to your text object RED color via Properties inspector, then while in color dialog, switch to True color tab and change one of RGB values (increase or decrease on 1).
Plot your drawing to PDF (or pick Preview button in Print dialog), now you will see your text in red.
This trick works with any color, in fact if you select MONOCHROME.CTB, only first 255 colors will be printed in black, everything other - will be in color.

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
mrplans
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks Maxim. That worked! Much appreciate the walk-thru!

Regards,

Peter

Thanks,
Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost