AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Autocad 2013 (MAC) Freeze when plotting to pdf!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pendekarupil
1557 Views, 3 Replies

HELP! Autocad 2013 (MAC) Freeze when plotting to pdf!

First of all, I wanna say that I'm a beginner in every autocad world. so please make it easy for me 🙂

I have my autocad 2012 for students since a year ago, it perform really well. there are no problem with it, but last day when I try to plot a drawing, suddenly my autocad freeze when the plot job progress window showed.

I then forced quit the application and try it again. and it happen again, the autocad freeze again (my cursor turn into loading-mode).

After that, I got frustrated and forced to quit the application again and begin to try to plot another file. Then I make a new drawing with a simple rectangle on it and try to plot it.

but still the same. the auto cad get freezed again.

I then frustrated again and uninstall my auto cad 2012 students and replace it with Autocad 2013. But the thing is still the same, I always got my autocad freeze when try to plot to PDF.

what should I do? I need help! please!

there's nothing wrong with my computer, because there's nothing wrong with the autocad since last day.

Note:

• The last dwg file I succesfully plotted was an exported 2d drawing from sketch up 8.
  • My computer OS is macintosh 
  • Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • ]Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
  • Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

thank you and please help! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: pendekarupil

Hi,

Are you able to print to PDF from any other application on your Mac?

Which printer do you have on your system by default (at the moment when you try to save PDF from AutoCAD)?

Have you tried to "Reset printing system" (right click on printer name in "Print & Scan" pane of System preferences and select "Reset printing system..." from context menu - you have to setup printers again after this)?

Do you have the latest version of AC 2013 for Mac (at the command prompt type _VERNUM and hit Return, should be:

Command: _VERNUM
_VERNUM = "G.55.M.108" (read only)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
pendekarupil

Are you able to print to PDF from any other application on your Mac?

- Yes. I can do it with another program

Which printer do you have on your system by default (at the moment when you try to save PDF from AutoCAD)?

- I never set the printer, it always in "No Printer" mode. It used to be always successful anyway.

Have you tried to "Reset printing system" (right click on printer name in "Print & Scan" pane of System preferences and select "Reset printing system..." from context menu - you have to setup printers again after this)?

-I've tried it just now, but the result is still the same, my autocad get freeze and my computer seems to work really hard , the fan sound become louder etc etc.

Do you have the latest version of AC 2013 for Mac (at the command prompt type _VERNUM and hit Return, should be: Command: _VERNUM

_VERNUM = "G.55.M.108" (read only)

- I've done it just now, but it said : _VERNUM = "G.55.M.2" (Read Only)

thank you.

please, I need your help 😞

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

At first update your AutoCAD with Update1 from here:
usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20538755&linkID=15839491

If it doesn't help, you can try to setup System printer in System preferences of Mac OS. For how to - search this Forum, please: in Search field type search word "Gutenprint" an see results.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost