AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch no longer recognized in dwg

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
350 Views, 1 Reply

hatch no longer recognized in dwg

About 6 months ago created a file including a hatch pattern for brick walkways at a country club - simple. The client put the project on hold and now has come back with some revisions. I opened the file and now cannot match properties with the original brick hatch pattern to another hatched area nor does my hatch library recognize the original pattern. i've clicked on the hatch to check properties and CAD has defaulted to ANSI31. when i select the hatch pull down menu the menu gives me a white square and red slash as the swatch/sample window of the hatch. any help would be appreciated. also, CAD freezes anytime i try to edit the hatch or otherwise investigate further.

thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Looks like you don't have hatch pattern definition file (with .pat extension) from which AutoCAD can read hatch pattern creation/edition instruction. AutoCAD can show hatch created with missing .pat file, but it can not create or edit such hatches.
The only one advice could be to find missing hatch definition file and put it to AutoCAD support file search path.
So look for original .pat file, maybe you have it somewhere on your hard drive or in archive.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost