AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
abezanson
1062 Views, 4 Replies

Hatch Issues

I am using AutoCAD 2013LT (Mac) and I am having some issues with a hatch pattern. It is a pattern file downloaded from the Centurian Stone website (weatheredge.pat). The hatch was originally added to my drawing by someone using AutoCAD 2007 (PC). I can see the hatch in my drawing, but I cannot match properties or add a new hatched area using this pattern. My client prefers this hatch pattern, so I am looking for a way to add it to my system.

http://www.centurionstone.com/architects-and-designers/hatch-patterns-instructions  (link to download pattern folder)

weatheredge.pat  (specific pattern I need)

I have also attached the weatheredge.pat file to this post.

I downloaded the patterns from the Centurian Stone website (link above). I did discover that placing the pattern files in my project folder causes AutoCAD to shut down. So, I added them to my computer in a hatch folder on my desktop. I then attempted to add the weatheredge.pat pattern file to my AutoCAD library by following these steps:

- from the drop down menu in the hatch library, select "Add Pattern"

- a dialog box for selecting .PAT file opens

- navigate to any location on your Mac and select PAT file

- AutoCAD will copy this file to Support folder and it will appear in Hatch library

After this process, the pattern file is added to the library, but it is just white box with a diagonal red line thru it. When I select it, I get a message that there is an error in the hatch pattern. I have read about similar issues on various forums and threads, but I haven't yet found a solution. 

I have successfully added other patterns to my computer, so I know that the overall process is working. The patterns I have added that work properly are from sites I found searching specifically for Mac hatch patterns. Unfortunately, there are very few of these. I suspect that something in the pattern file coding or naming is causing it not to be recognized by my Mac. I have seen a few tips regarding adding a blank space to the pattern name and making sure that the file name matches the pattern name. Can anyone provide more direction on this process or tips for solving this problem?

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: abezanson

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

I think there is something special in the weatheredge.pat file, that cases AutoCAD for Mac hangs for a long time when you open Hatch library window to select hatch pattern. I cannot figure out exactly what it is.

Please try attached hatch pattern which I created based on your hatch - seems it works better.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
abezanson
in reply to: maxim_k

Perfect! This pattern works great for me—thank you so much for the assistance! 

Message 4 of 5
calaudiopile

I'm having the same problem, unable to add hatch patterns to AutoCAD for Mac. Anyone ever figure out a solution?

Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,

Please specify your AutoCAD version and your workflow when you are trying to add hatch patterns. Is it possible to attach here one of your problem hatch patterns?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost