AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody used the retina iMac with autocad 2015 lt?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doyle3k
696 Views, 3 Replies

Has anybody used the retina iMac with autocad 2015 lt?

seems like the dream combo for switching to mac- especially with the 4.0ghz chip and m295x. 

Thanks, Philip 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doyle3k
in reply to: doyle3k

bump - really? Nobody has tried it on the retina yet? 

I'm curious if there are any scaling issues with the screen or issues with the m290/295 chip. 

Thanks, Philip 

Message 3 of 4
farrenkopfrym

I'm running 2015 on my Retina iMac 4.0GHz, with the m295 and so far it's running great. The Only issue is that Maya doesn't officially support the graphics card so viewport 2.0 can be buggy, especially with normal mapping. Also the interface isn't Retina friendly yet so the icons look fuzzy, but thats not a big deal.

Message 4 of 4
2800surveys

So far, so good, graphics pretty awesome (capital A), compared to Samsung F2380 was using with 2007LT Win.

Still learning, curve rather steep or I'm getting older, plus never mac user. Haven't had any crashes like people 

talk about. Still trying to figure out how to get fenceline 1 to plot out correctly. Text much sharper. Don't know

much about scaling monitor issues but read good article in help about it. Icons seemed very clear and actually

better now I'm beginning to think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost