AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing and Properties Inspector

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
jake447
1970 Views, 30 Replies

Freezing and Properties Inspector

I have downloaded and tried the Mac Autocad 2011 software three times now, (uninstalling it each time), but I still have the same issue of the software not working correctly. It opens the file and works fine until I try to click on an object. Properties Inspector does not recognize the objects that I have selected. Sometimes even the whole program freezes, and I am unable to move the curser. 

Any ideas or help other then uninstalling and re-downloading/installing?

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
jose.m.marti
in reply to: ndcahill

I am experiencing the same problem with Property Inspector (ACAD for mac version E.49.H.505): it fails randomly after some uses, but with no crashes (I mean, as a consequence of this...). I have to reopen the file in order PI to work again. This problem appears even with very simple designs created from scratch with this version of ACAD for mac. Doubtless, this bug, although not critical, it is quite disturbing, as the user expends extra time (beyond the reasonable).

Message 22 of 31
jrmillerjr
in reply to: jake447

I too am having the same problem - no crashes, just inconsistent activation of the Properties Inspector.  Sometimes it displays the properties of the selected object(s), sometimes it only displays the layer's properties or running (?) properties (essentials or all are the options on this one).

Can Autodesk please help us solve this problem?  It's quite essential for efficient use of the program!

Message 23 of 31
ndcahill
in reply to: jose.m.marti

Oddly enough I'm not having this problem any more. I didn't do anything in particular to fix it, other than install the latest update. Still having some crashes, and xrefs are still not correctly placed. 

Message 24 of 31
jose.m.marti
in reply to: ndcahill

You're lucky, I have the program updated but the problem is still there...

Message 25 of 31
cda182

Band new iMAC with 12GB & 3.2GHz CPU, installed trial version and found within about 10 minutes it crashed out when using the properties inspector!!!!.

The new patch appears to sort this problem out but the program is now very unstable when compared to the verison with out the patch.

Fingers crossed for the second patch 🙂 Smiley Very Happy 

Message 26 of 31

I have been experiencing problems with picked objects' properties not showing up in the Properties Inspector. I have narrowed it down to instances after I have used gestures on the track pad to zoom/pan. If I zoom/pan with an external mouse (microsoft mouse, to be specific) I am able to pick lines and their properties are shown in the Properties Inspector.

Has anyone else had this problem? Know of a solution?

Thanks!

Message 27 of 31

After reading that last comment I went back and selected something after my properties inspectore had stopped working, zoomed out by pinching with the trackpad, and the properties inspector came right back to life. Weird, but it's been working so far...

Message 28 of 31
jrmillerjr

Good catch.  If I pick something after multi-touch gestures, property inspector does not work.  If I immediately reselect with my mouse, it works.  Interesting.

I did note some earlier comments about similar difficulties with the layer manager box and hatch match properties and have had the same properties.  I'll have to try using my mouse for those as well and see if it responds differently.

Thanks!

Message 29 of 31

I started experiencing the same problem a couple days ago. When Im using the Track Pad and select on a line, circle, arc, hatch, etc., the Property Inspector does not recognize the selection. But after I zoom in on the Pad it will work again. weird. It's definitely a disturbance and takes a lot longer to complete a drawing. So,  I spoke with an AutoCAD Support Technician (After $150) and he says it very well could be the Track Pad. So, I started using a mouse and haven't had the issue. Yet. Hopefully with Update  # 3 AutoDesk will fix this Bug. Its nice not having to use a mouse but seems like the only temporary fix.

Will let everyone know if I find out anything else.

Message 30 of 31

Hello Ryan, I have been examining your case. I can repro the issue when using the two finger pan gesture on a trackpad, either on the MacBook Pro or with a Bluetooth trackpad for an iMac.

I will be passing along the conditions to reproduce the non-responsive Property Inspector to our development team to examine. In the mean time, you can still use your track pad if you will just do a slight pinch zoom after a two finger pan. That will re-enable the PI to show object properties.

We apologize for the inconvenience. I will also request a refund for your Pay Per Incident charge of $150 as this issue was not due to anything you were doing wrong.

Bob Felton
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 31 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: Bob.Felton

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply about this issue!

Might be worth it to publish this workaround in AutoCAD for Mac Knowledge Base?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost