AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forced reinstall after Mac OS crash- serial # does not work

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
nickeroni
884 Views, 12 Replies

forced reinstall after Mac OS crash- serial # does not work

I had to reinitialize my powerbook after some Mac OS software issues. I did it at the Mac Store and had all my info stored to a separate external hard drive using time machine. Never created any extra accounts or anything. After performing the reinstall and getting everything else working - AutoCAD would not launch. Trying to launch AutoCAD took me to an instructions screen where it siad I should run the 'terminal' app. It gave step by step instructions to run 'terminal' and enter a string of code to remove 'FLEXnet' libraries or preferences. I ran the terminal app and ran the code. Then it said to un install AutoCAD and reinstall it. Well I can't re install it. My serial number won't work. I am very frustrated as this process has taken a few days already. I used the license web assistance form but that took about ten tries before it would accept my info. I need help. This is very frustrating. Why can't I call someone and find out what is wrong with my serial number? It worked before- has the correct number of digits and has the correct product key as far as I can tell.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: nickeroni

Hi,

What version of AutoCAD you want to reinstall?
What OS do you have on your Mac?
What Mac do you have?
Are you sure that you type serial number in right format (as asked in alert)?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 13
nickeroni
in reply to: maxim_k

I want to install AutoCAD 2013 for Mac. What I originally had was AutoCAD 2013 for mac- I bought it and paid for it. The license number I have has the same number of digits with a hypen as it says in the error dislog box that I took a screenshot of and attached to my post. I am running OS 10.8.4 on a Powerbook pro retina with 8 GB and a 2.6 Intel Core i7.

Message 4 of 13
maxim_k

Hi,
The word "Powerbook" confused me, now I see that you use a MacBook.
Could you describe your steps to restore AutoCAD in more details?
As far as I understand - after unsuccessful attempt to run Terminal command (which one? And where did you get it?) you uninstall AutoCAD completely and then start installation again. Is it so?
Could you tell: where did you get installation image file? And what is the name of this installation image (DMG) file?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 13
maxim_k

Please, check also that you use correct Product Key - 5 digit alphanumeric code. It should be for AutoCAD for Mac 2013.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 13
maxim_k

And finally- if you have Student serial number, then check solution provided by philip.s from this post:
forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/serial-number-doesn-t-match-with-the-product-key/td-p/3634232

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 13
nickeroni
in reply to: maxim_k

I don't have a student verison I have the full version. I can't tell you exactly what the instructions said because the instructions came up when I tried to launch AutoCAD which has now been uninstalled. I would hit the logo for the app and this page would come up -http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16276182&linkID=15839490

Since it was from AutoDesk I followed. My product key is 827E1 and again my serial number has the correct number f digits

Message 8 of 13
maxim_k

Hi,

Product key for AotoCAD 2013 for Mac is:
777E1

Look here:
usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19726931&linkID=12305695

I think that it is the KEY to solving your problem.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 13
nickeroni

I downloaded the autoCAD software from the AutoDesk site. "AutoCAD_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg"

Message 10 of 13

Hi nickeroni,

Just posting the correct link to the 'Product Key' solution:

How to find the Serial Number and Product Key for your Autodesk product

As mentioned by Maxim, the Product Key for AutoCAD for Mac 2013 is 777E1 (whereas 827E1 is the Product Key for AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013).

In case it still does not word, please send us your Serial Number by Private Message (click on my username simona.golisciano and then on 'Send this user a Private Message'). You can also contact our Registration & Activation team via this online form.

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 11 of 13

Thanks it was the product key issue. 

Message 12 of 13

Thanks very much it worked.

--
Nicole Schmitt
nschmitt1@gmail.com
917?327?0645
Message 13 of 13
maxim_k

Glad it worked!
🙂

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost