AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export layout to model in AutoCAD 2013 for MAC

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Kromo
6945 Views, 15 Replies

Export layout to model in AutoCAD 2013 for MAC

Hi, I'm new on this forum so correct me and excuse me if I am asking something stupid in the wrong place.

I recently began working with AutoCAD 2013 on a MAC(used to work on Microsoft Windows), but I really can't find the option for exporting my layout(with viewports and all) to model(dwg-file). 

Can someone help me please??

If you guys need some more information, please let me know.

Thanks for the effort.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
maxim_k
in reply to: Kromo

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

If you mean EXPORTLAYOUT command, than it is unavailable in AutoCAD for Mac (unfortunately)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 16
Kromo
in reply to: maxim_k

Indeed, that's exactly what I mean Maxim. Thanks for the respons.

For now, I made a seperate drawing using WBLOCK in modelspace for the lines I wanted to export.

Does someone maybe know a simple tric for doing something like this WITH the layout?

greetz

Message 4 of 16
maxim_k

Hi,

I have CHSPACE.lsp created in 1992 by Gary Calwell in my collection (it works with AutoCAD for Mac), you can try to use it for your needs:

CHSPACE allows entities that have been drawn in paper space to be moved to
model space and visa versa.  Tilemode must be set to 0 otherwise an error
message is given and the program terminates.  This program works by making
a block of the desired entities and then inserting them, exploded into the
desired space.  Consequently it is easy to change the insertion point, and
scale of the entities in the new space.

I attached ZIP archive with CHSPACE routine.

HTH

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 16
Kromo

Tnx Maxim!

I will give it a try and I will let you know if it is working with me.

Greetings.

Message 6 of 16
okeeffe.e

Hi,

Did you find a solution for exporting a paper space print file from Auto CAD LT, without exporting the information contained in model space?

I am trying to send 'dwg' files to a consultant and I'd like to export only the exported information in the 'layout' to be printed in paper space to keep the file tidy.

I'm using ACAD LT 2014 on MAC.

Thanks in advance for responses. 

Message 7 of 16
pendean

Not in LT for MAC: sorry.
Message 8 of 16
karen
in reply to: okeeffe.e

Hi,
Did you find a solution or simple work around to this? I have the same issue!

Why oh why is it unavailable on the mac version?! (rhetorical q!)
Message 9 of 16
pendean
in reply to: karen

If you only have the LT version, there is no Lisp so you cannot add it. If you are not using the LT version, see Maxim's reply above abut using an internet-available lisp to use instead.
Message 10 of 16
karen
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.

It's AutoCAD LT 2016 for Mac. Sod's law!
Message 11 of 16
maxim_k

Hi Karen,

In 2016 version of AutoCAD (Full version) CHSPACE on and available natively. I don't have LT version at hand, but I think it should be available in LT too.
BUT! You have to use it carefully because of the bug I just discovered: on my side: If you will try to undo CHSPACE command the drawing database gets corrupted and you can loose important information. So I highly recommend you to make a copy of the drawing and use CHSPACE in it. Than you can create separate file with the contents of Layout you will get after CHSPACE command in the Model space and delete copy of the file.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 16
nicole.rochette

Hi, I have been looking for a way to do EXPORT LAYOUT within my Autocad for MAC (autocad 2019). I find that the CHSPACE routine does work for single-viewport layouts, thanks.

However my layouts have usually multiple viewports, each at a particular scale, and do not correspond to their location in the model space.

Is there another way to save the entire contents of my layout to a new DWG? 

Thanks!

Message 13 of 16
maxim_k
in reply to: nicole.rochette

Hi Nicole,

You can use CHSPACE multiple time in one Layout for different viewports with different scales to bring them to Layout one by one.
And it is only one way to copy viewports content to Layout on Mac, EXPORT LAYOUT feature is still not available in AutoCAD for Mac.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 16
nicole.rochette

Hi Maxim, thank you but that solution does not work for what I need. The result is the layout copied to the model multiple times at different scales, so I would have to manually re-create the entire layout anyways, scaling the different drawings... My layouts sometimes contain 20 - 30 viewports in them, so this would take forever...

I tried plotting into PDF and then importing it to Autocad but hatches and everything gets exploded...

Please is there really no other way to transform the entire contents of a layout (layout items + contents of viewports) to a new DWG? 

I had to do it on Autocad for Windows this time but I do not have it at home so it's not a sustainable solution for me. And I am being required to deliver the drawings in this manner... 

I appreciate any help possible!

Message 15 of 16
maxim_k
in reply to: nicole.rochette

>>>>The result is the layout copied to the model multiple times at different scales,
I think you use CHSPACE command in wrong way.
When you are in Layout - lock all viewports in order not to change viewports scales by accident. Now you need to activate viewport you want to copy to Layout, then call CHSPACE command. Next, select all visible objects inside viewport you want to be copied to Layout - you can use crossing window selection. Now hit Return - all objects you selected will be copied to Layout with correct scale, now you can use TRIM command (Viewport could serve as cutting edge) to trim objects that were copied partly outside viewport boundaries. Now erase viewport.
Yes, you have to repeat this for all viewports in layout.
When you finish, you can copy - paste everything from Layout to new empty drawing.

Unfortunately there is no other way on Mac.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 16 of 16
nicole.rochette

You were absolutely right, I was using the command the wrong way! (I was copying the layout to the model instead of the other way round).

This does work!! Thank you so very much. I have to repeat it with each viewport but it is quite fast so no problem.

you guys are the best, I couldn't survive in Autocad if it weren't for all the people ready to help out like this, I really appreciate it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost