AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVERY command causing autocad to freeze for around a minute.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
flo.fathers
4903 Views, 2 Replies

EVERY command causing autocad to freeze for around a minute.

Autocad 2013, for Mac.
I'm not running any particularly large files 10.8MB, and only drawing up 2D sections, all very simple.
I'm using maybe 8 or so layers.
It all started with copying items. After clicking on where I wanted an item to go, (even if it were two lines) it would freeze for a minute and the evil spinning wheel of death would come up.
But now it is with every command. I was want to draw a line. It taking forever!
To add, I am mostly self taught, this may be my downfall with autocad. And I've been doing things completely wrong.
Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

>> But now it is with every command. I was want to draw a line. It taking forever!

Also when you draw a line in a new drawing based on an original AutoCAD template?

BTW: there is a seperate forum for AutoCAD on Mac >>>here<<<, maybe you get faster/better response there.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: flo.fathers

The same question as Alfred asked:

>> But now it is with every command. I was want to draw a line. It taking forever!

Also when you draw a line in a new drawing based on an original AutoCAD template?

If it is not freeze in empty new drawing - another question:

Do you have external references (DWG) attached to your drawing(s)?

If so - please check: do you have PROXY objects, created by 3-rd parity applications in these attached drawings? That mean if you open externally referenced files in AutoCAD it gives you an alert like this one:

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 18.16.17.png

If so - look through this topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-for-MAC-2013-running-slow/td-p/3400143/page/3

from message #21

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost