AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when opening AutoCAD 2011 for Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lucasgrohl
2373 Views, 6 Replies

Error when opening AutoCAD 2011 for Mac

Hi all,

I am using a MacBook and after installing AutoCAD 2011, when I try to open the programm I receive this message: 

"It is recommended the you save this drawing with a different name. The drawing file being opened was not created by a productfrom an Autodesk Education Suite.If you save this drawing, it will always be plotted with the following plot stamp. PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT"

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? 

I already tried to remove and reinstall it for at least 10 times! And this is also the very first time I am using it on Mac, thus, I got no "Drawing" made previously.

PS.: Already got the student Licence for AutoCAD 2011 for Mac and all the times I tried to reinstall it a message has been shown saying that AutoCAD is already licenced on my Mac.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any English mistakes (this is not my first language). 😃

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: lucasgrohl

Hi,

When you start AutoCAD it creates a new file, based on some template (acad.dwt as default), but I think that in fact Installation image for AutoCAD is the same for all versions - Trial, Student or Commercial. Thus the templates in Student version are the same as in Commercial and, of course they (templates and new drawings, based on these templates) are without Education Stamps. If you are using Student activation, then you automatically get this Stamp when you start AutoCAD and you get the massage about this fact from AutoCAD.

So. I think you should try to open every template, that you want to use and save it with Stamp. Since that time you will not get this message at AutoCAD startup.

Those are my thoughts.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
lucas.c.rezende
in reply to: maxim_k

Hey Maxim,

I got what you said and I'll try it as soon as I find some other installation able of doing that. Just a few more questions...

Where do I find all of those templates on Mac? 

If I rename this "acad.dwt" is AutoCAD automatically looking for some other template?

If I open this "acad.dwt" in a functional AutoCAD, how can I put that Education Stamp for saving it?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: lucas.c.rezende

@lucas.c.rezende wrote:

Where do I find all of those templates on Mac? 

If I rename this "acad.dwt" is AutoCAD automatically looking for some other template?

If I open this "acad.dwt" in a functional AutoCAD, how can I put that Education Stamp for saving it?

Thanks!

Hi Lucas,
1. Path to Templates folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/local/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/Template/
(Library folder in your home folder)
2. If you rename or delete acad.dwt from Template folder, AutoCAD will use defaults (i.e. - no template)
3. You can open and save template (.dwt) file the same way as ordinary .DWG file, just select "Drawing Template" from "File Format" list at the bottom of Select File dialog (OPEN command). As I think, if you save template in Educational version of AutoCAD, next time program will not ask you about Educational Stamp. Can not verify this, because I don't have Educational license.
Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 7
lucasgrohl

Maxim,

I've installed AutoCAD 2011 on another computer, also an Educational Version, and now I am able to open the programm and its files.

How can I save a template as a Stamp after opening it using this new installation?

When I click over "Save" buttom I can't see any option about Stamp or anything else that could remind me of that.

If it's not too much, could you send me a step-by-step, as long as I am not used to AutoCAD?

Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: lucasgrohl

Just open template and save it (call SAVE command). Exit AutoCAD, then start it again, do you see alert about stamp?
Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 7
lucasgrohl

Maxim,

I did it and seemingly it worked, BUT, i found out another problem that I think this has no solution at all, at least for now...

Aparently AutoCAD 2011 for Mac doesn't work on Lion OS installed on a Mac with NVIDIA GeForce 320M, and that's is exactly my case! =(

It is a pity Autodesk hasn't fixed it yet... seems not to be extremely a hard labour for them to do it.

I think my only options is to use a Virtual Machine and put Windows (duh!) on it, or maybe a previous version of Mac OS.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost