AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Report - Unhandled Exception

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Elva.A
6547 Views, 12 Replies

Error Report - Unhandled Exception

Hello all,

I use AutoCAD 2011 on a 15" MacBook Pro. My CAD was freezing and crashing when trying to plot. After repetitive tries I force quit. When I went to open it again it would not and shows this error message: 

Error Signature

Application: AtutoCAD

Version: E.49.H.62(x64)

Error: Unhandled Exception

The error report contains the following files:

crashLog.txt

dmpuserinfo.xml

dumpdata.zip

system_profile.xml

WHAT DO I DO??

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: Elva.A

Hi,

Just want to be sure: Is it "Version: E.49.H.62(x64)", or "Version: E.49.H.602(x64)"? Because if you are on Lion and did not installed all Updates (1, 2, 3) AutoCAD will crash on print. and the correct version number after all three Updates should be "E.49.H.602(x64)".

And, of course, please send crash report to Autodesk, this will help to identify real problem.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 13
Leaf.chai

Hi user,

Thanks for contacting Autodesk.

Please install all the updates available for AutoCAD 2011 for Mac. You can get these updates from the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?s​iteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=15839491

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 4 of 13
Elva.A
in reply to: Leaf.chai

It is 62 right now, not 602. These are the details:

Model Name:MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:MacBookPro8,2

Processor Name:Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:2 GHz

Number of Processors:1

Total Number of Cores:4

L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB

L3 Cache:6 MB

Memory:8 GB

Boot ROM Version:MBP81.0047.B04

SMC Version (system):1.69f1

Serial Number (system):C02FGXZ2DF8V

Hardware UUID:197F91CB-9F3D-5031-9767-883001FEEF48

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State:Enabled

So if I install these 3 updates will it work again? Or would I need to uninstall and reinstall? 

Message 5 of 13
maxim_k

You should install all updates one after another (from 1-st to 3-rd) and you don't need to reinstall your current AutoCAD installation, it doesn't take much time and after applying all updates AutoCAD should run.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 13
Elva.A
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks. 2 and 3 loaded fine but the 1st one did not and so I could not install the rest..

When I try to open the 1st update in downloads it says:

AutoCAD 2011formacup no mountable file systems. 

Message 7 of 13
maxim_k

Try to re-download AutoCAD2011forMacUpdate1.dmg again, maybe something was wrong during first download and file was corrupted.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 13
yrendon1

When I try downloading the first update it keeps telling me no copy of AutoCAD is installed in my laptop.  How do I fix this?!?! please help!

It says:

You do not have a copy of AutoCAD installed which can be updated.

Message 9 of 13
evetterios

Hi Autodesk,

I am running AutoCAD for Mac 2011 on a 15" new retina macbook pro. I have version 10.7.4 (which I believe is Lion). I downloaded all 3 of the updates for AutoCAD for Mac 2011 and my software is STILL crashing. It opens, I work on a drawing for a while, then it crashes. I am not sure what else I should do. This is driving me crazy!!!

Can anyone please help???

Evette

Message 10 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: evetterios

Hi Evette,

Theoretically it should work on Lion after you install all Updates, but....

Do you experience crashes in the same situation (could you reproduce the moment when crash occurs?), or crashes are random?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 13
jmindes
in reply to: maxim_k

I have the exact same problem.  Autocad crashes randomly.  Running Autocad 2011 for Mac on my late 2009 Macbook with OSX 10.7.5 (Lion).  Ran the first update then got the message that my computer needs 3 MB of RAM.  Went out and bought more RAM to  upgrade to 4 MB total Ram then unistalled Autocad and reinstalled it.  Ran all three upgrades o.k. and now it says Autocad is up to date.  Still crashing randomly usually within first two minutes of use.  Current I am running Autocad 2011 for Mac build E.49.H.602.

What can I do?  It"s really un-usable.  I can execute a few commands but then I have to save before it crashes.  When I double click to load the file directly without first opening the application it loads a blank drawing insead of opening the file I clicked on my desktop.  When it crashes the previously silent CD-rom drive starts up before it crashes.

Please, please help.

-jm

Message 12 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: jmindes

Hi,

Does it crashes even on new empty drawing? I mean - you start AutoCAD and begin to draw without opening previously saved drawing.

About opening an empty drawing if you start AutoCAD by double-clicking on existing DWG. AFAIK it is knowing bug, not sure that was fixed with last update.

I also have to say, that 2011 version is less stable compared to the 2012 and 2013, especially on Lion.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 13
pendean

"... Still crashes randomly..."
Sadly, in the world of software, there is no cure for random occurances. Try harder to identify a common trigger (you gave hints but no follow through) and as noted above and by you, you need to get in the habit of starting 2011 first then opening files. An upgrade of AutoCAD may be the ultimate fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost