AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Custom Grid Tool

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
493 Views, 3 Replies

Enhanced Custom Grid Tool

AutoCAD for Windows has the 'Enhanced Custom Grid' icon and option for creating custom grids. I cannot seem to find it for Mac. I tried finding a tutorial online, but only found Windows options. I am running AutoCAD 2012 for MAC. Does anybody have any direction or guidance for me with regards to creating custom grids? The option is a handy one....if I can figure out how to do it on my MAC.

Thanks in advance!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Enhanced Custom Grid Tool is a feature of AutoCAD Architecture, but not a feature of plain AutoCAD (in both Mac and Windows versions), so it is not available on Mac.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for the response and clarification. So, now I will install AutoCAD Architecture on my windows side, and I will keep the MAC version too... As long as the grid I create in AutoCAD Architecture is saved as a .dwg or other standard format I should be able to create the file in one and use it in the other, correct? Thanks again for your helpful response!

Mike

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

Hi Mike,

Not sure how Custom Grid will be presented in AC for Mac. Probably you will not be able to edit it, you have to check this.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost