AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding a PNG or JEG File show it shows up when you send your drawings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3801 Views, 5 Replies

Embedding a PNG or JEG File show it shows up when you send your drawings

Hi Guys -

I am trying to embed my company logo into our title block.

It was easy to import - but when I moved the orginal file from my desk top - the drawing opened saying some items could not be found. I replaced the file back to the desk top and the logo came back.

So I was thinking that I really need to embed this PNG logo.

I found somewhere that said the easiest way to do this is to copy and paste.

I tried that - but it did not work.

So is it possible to do what I am tring to do? I'm sure it is - put I must be missing something.

Any help for be so greatly welcomed.

Thanks so much for any help in this matter.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to "embed" raster image into DWG file in Mac version of AutoCAD, because on Windows side OLE technology used for this purpose and OLE id OS specific feature, which doesn't exists in Mac OS. Further more if you will embed such image on PC you will not be able to see such embedded image if you open DWG in AutoCAD for Mac.

So only one way to insert raster image is to attach it with traditional method as external reference and you need to have raster image file you attached to the block somewhere on support files search path (see AutoCAD Preferences in Application tab), or keep raster image file in the same folder as your DWG file.

If your company logo is not extremely complex maybe it is possible to trace it to vector (native to AutoCAD) objects than you will not need PNG file at all.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you.
Message 4 of 6
d_a
Observer
in reply to: Anonymous

I have just managed to embed our company logo into a drawing by exporting the orginal eps file in Adobe Illustrator as an AutoCAD DWG file and then importing it as a block!

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: d_a

That's not "embedding": you converted it into a block and simply inserted the block. A great workaround, but it's not a real solution to embedding licensed logos that require no alterations.
Message 6 of 6
d_a
Observer
in reply to: pendean

POINT TAKEN...BETTER THAN NOTHING! HOPEFULLY AUTODESK WILL SORT A WAY OF EMBEDDING A LOGO INTO A DRAWING ON THE MAC PLATFORM  ONE DAY!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost