AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editting item text within an associative array

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4475 Views, 3 Replies

Editting item text within an associative array

Hello, I'm new to AutoCad, using Mac 2012, and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the associative array feature. I usually use 2011 for Windows where it is much easier to edit and isolate a specific item within an array. I am ccurently working on an assignment that involves array arrows with numbers above each of them around a circle. Once I have arrayed the arrow with the numbers above each, I am asked to edit each number individually. Unfortunately, when I try eo edit the source objects of the array, and I enter the command DDEDIT, I am allowed to edit the text, but then it simply applies my change to every other item within the array. Any idea as to how I would go about editting the text of only a single item within the array? Any help would be grealty appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Do you really need associative array? If you don't need all items in array tied to each other, then you can simply explode array after creation (or use Classic array command - it is the feature of AC 2012 for Mac with Update 1 installed).
Then you can edit each text object individually.
Maybe it worth to try to use attribute definition instead of text object and create block from it before creating array.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
maiko_sousa
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem. I need to make a drawing with numbered screws in a circular arrangement, varying between 90 and 200 connections. So, every time I need to modify the number of bolts, I have to delete all the items, start over and rename them one by one manually.
If the software could make associative and editable text, at least it would only need to edit the new screws that would be created after editing.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: maiko_sousa

Hi @maiko_sousa ,

You need AutoLISP routine which places numbers on the vertices of polygon with increment.

Do you use TEXT objects for numbers? Or they are attributes inside block?

Can you share sample drawing with numbered screws in a circular arrangement?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost