AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic input field Windows 95 Dark Blue why?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
detroit808
415 Views, 0 Replies

Dynamic input field Windows 95 Dark Blue why?

The Dynamic input text field is the same or very similar dark blue colour that Windows 95 used, this is an atrocity.

Can I ask why this is NOT using Mac OS X's Appearance Highlight Colour which is selected in System Preferences/Appearance Tab "Highlight Colour" "For selected text"?

Even more bizarre, when right clicking the "Dynamic Input" button on the bottom toolbar and selecting "Settings", the Drafting Settings Dialogue appears. After clicking the "Drafting tooltip appearance" button, the "Tooltip Appearance" dialogue opens. It shows the Model and Layout Preview and the highlight colour is a light blue. Ok not exactly the same as the highlight colour selecting in the System Preference described earlier but still, it is not the same as that horrendous Windows 95 Dark Blue that the dynamic input fields display. No matter what "Theme" is selected, dark or light, this doesn't change.

Why the inconsistency?

The Windows version uses the correct colour set as the for "Selected Items" in the Windows Colour and "Appearance control panel" yet the Mac version uses Windows 95 colour. They say this isn't a port...hrm

Another inconsistency I noticed, and this applies to both the Mac and Windows versions, when a button is selected on the bottom toolbar such as the Dynamic Input, Polar Tracking or Grid buttons they turn blue indicating they are on, when off they are grey or the same colour as the bar. Yet, when I click on the Line tool in the tool pallet or on the Ribbon, the tools NEVER change colour. I think they should because many tools for example "Fillet" display "select first object" in the dynamic input tooltip and this give no indication as to exactly what tool the user has enabled. AND, if this was coloured when the user goes to select another tool in the tool pallet or ribbon they visually can direct the cursor back to the same location to select another tool rather than buzzing around trying to find it again. This is complete head scratching especially when trying to follow video tutorials.

Mac version particular, why isn't the toolset bar horizontally resizable (like the Layers & Properties pallets) so that it can extend fully to display ALL the tools so we don't have to continually have them sliding out. I know we can slide them out and lock them but this take up more space and they end up over lapping the other tools above and below them. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost