AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks & discussion

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
336 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic Blocks & discussion

Hello, I'm student who is attending to a AutoCAD course in my college.

Unfortunately, I am bit disabled on our lectures due to inconvieniences with Dynamic Blocks' part, which is one of more important on our studies and - I think - in general. I have version for Macs which is good and I am happy of it but those troubles could be a bit unhandy, couldn't they?

Is it possible to get some mode or retake solution which will consider possibilitites to edit and create dynamic blocks NOT ONLY to read?

And - if it is not a problem - why there are such a differences between Macs and Windows version? Why the Mac one is crippled?

Thanks for help, Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Michael,

Dynamic block authoring is not a feature of the current AC for Mac release (and all previous releases). You asked: Why? - I can not answer this question.
Let's wait for new release of AutoCAD this year:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-for-mac-lightsaber-beta1-is-available/...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: maxim_k

The why: AutoCAD isn't written wholly from scratch, but instead it is calling on common building blocks to greatly speed up development of all software.  This also allows certain bug fixes to be fixed and distributed by the developers of those building blocks instead of AutoDesk.  The capabilities are different because they use different sets of building blocks (they are dependant on OS), resulting in essentially new software for each OS.  It isn't "cripped" as you call it, which would imply dynamic block creation capability is already present but turned off.  That portion hasn't been built yet under the Mac side of the program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for instant and sufficiently answers Smiley Happy

Yes, maybe what I said wasn't truthful at all.

"Turned off" is a better word for this Smiley Tongue

But I was a bit frustrated when I was trying to find out why I could not do anything in this part of my course, why I waste time being a bundle of nerves searching, raping 'Help' button and finally - rising white flag and accepting surrender - then just sit and watch to other's computer how that coursor in Block Editor is moving lively and gutsy Smiley Indifferent

...hence those words I think.

So, it's impossible to choose a better way than open an AutoCAD for Windows if I want to use dynamic blocks for personal use. I get it.

And only what I am able to do in this case is waiting for another update for Mac - in other words newer version of this program (don't know if it'll be 2015 or 2025 one) - where this (and maybe other difficulties which are for Mac users hard to overcome which - in my level of experience of CAD - I haven't known yet) problem will be solved.

What a pity that AutoCAD cost less than 1$. Smiley Sad

Of course I do not depreciate CAD for Mac - just like I wrote earlier - I'm happy user but few shortcommings in Mac version due to Windows one make me feel a bit confused. I hope that despite of software that 'portions' will be equivalent in basics for all in the immediate future.

And forgive me my English - hope you read easily with no problems in solution my sentences. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>don't know if it'll be 2015 or 2025 one
However, I strongly recommend to try to participate in beta testing the 2015 version. (See link in my previous post)
I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/compare/compare-platforms

😞

Trust me, I'm not the best person on Earth to be a beta-version's owner - I'm not well-skilled to share with others my opinion of line colours or sharpness of pixels 🙂

I don't see the point to download and register here. Despite - it has to be a perfect option and I'm glad to see it is promoted.

To have an expert level in happiness I lack only those shortcommings which I consider especially dynamic blocks 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost