AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG wont open on autocad 2014 imac free trail

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jerheffernan
1046 Views, 5 Replies

DWG wont open on autocad 2014 imac free trail

hi

i downloaded autocad 2014 free trail for the iMac and im having problems opening drawing which were created in autocad from older additions ie 2012 

just wondering if any issue with the free trail or something else

regards

jer 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

are you sure that you run AutoCAD 2014 on Mac? I only know AutoCAD 2013 for Mac (OS) currently.

>> im having problems opening drawing which were created in autocad from older additions

And what problems are these? Do you get any information, any exception, any error message?

Have you tried command _RECOVER to get those drawings opened-with-repair?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

dam it... i meant 2013... 

Message 4 of 6

i can see the drawing in the perview but when i go to open the drawing it just does not open. there is nothinng in the command bar to say recover drawing, or give any error warning... 

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

>> it just does not open

Start AutoCAD, then start command _RECOVER and select the drawing you can't open, does that work now?

Have you tried multiple drawings or just one?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

ya recover worked.... thanks a million alfred... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost