AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a DesignCenter in AutoCAD for Mac?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
emoooe
84712 Views, 25 Replies

Is there a DesignCenter in AutoCAD for Mac?

Can't find the Design Center? I'm using this alot! Anybody found other ways of importing blocks and different features from other files with the mac version?

@emoooe
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: DesignCenter???

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
Xiangl
in reply to: emoooe

Hi emoooe, 

Can you try to input _CONTENT to invoke Content palette? 

Thanks,

Xiang

Message 3 of 26
maxim_k
in reply to: Xiangl

@Xiangl wrote:

Hi emoooe, 

Can you try to input _CONTENT to invoke Content palette? 

Thanks,

Xiang

Or just hit Cmd+2 (or from pull-down menu select Tools -> Palettes ->Content)

For help see HELP System.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 26
alifoltz1

Does anyone know how to use the fillet command on the cad for macs?! Or the design command? I tired the content input and it didn't work.

Message 5 of 26
Kamasop

Hei there!

so apparently you can access eg. blocks from other drawings through the content window (have to add a dwg and specify this as containing blocks)

but, did you find out how to then have autocad redefine the block in this drawing by the one from the content-window????

that is the feature from the designcenter i almost always use!!!!

what we used to do before switching to the workflow with the designcenter was, wblock from a drawing and inserting this block into the other drawing, that way the block gets redefined too, this just creates a lot of "help"files or blocks and is a bit more timeconsuming than the designcenter

best, kat

Message 6 of 26
jaich
Message 7 of 26
jenniferbaross

To use fillet, simply type "fillet" and follow what the command line is asking you. 

Message 8 of 26
viankyzoe

hola necesito ayudaaa

i nedd help

i dont find designcenter, i serarche content, and it is  empty, please help  

Message 9 of 26
Kamasop
in reply to: viankyzoe

the shortcut used to be strg + 2 , maybe that helps?

Message 10 of 26
timEEM9V
in reply to: Kamasop

Has anyone found a good way to organize block files with the Content Browse?  We have just transitioned to ACFM and do not have an extensive block or detail library to build and begin organizing.  Since there is no Design Center in this version, it seems cumbersome to add blocks to the Content Browser and organize the information from a folder it is reading from.

Any experience and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Message 11 of 26
john.vellek
in reply to: timEEM9V

Hi timEEM9V,

I acutally arrange my libraries the same way I do with DesignCenter on the Windows side. I make a master drawing for each discipline or type of block. For instance, I had Electrical, Plumbing, Site, Furniture, People, Vehicles, Annotation, Titleblocks, etc.

Inside each master I would create a grid with labels to indicate the block name, date of creation/modification etc. What ever is important to you can be stored here. I would then insert each block to be stored in the drawing at a scale appropriate to fit the grid.

This method not only lets you use Content or DesignCenter but also provides a means of managing to some degree and to print out to PDF or Hardcopy for employee reference.

I also could open each master and create tool palettes for each tyupe fairly easily by dragging and dropping. ( I haven't tried this on the Mac side but hope to do so tomorrow.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 12 of 26
john.vellek

Good morning timEEM9V,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 13 of 26
timEEM9V
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion/recommendation.  That is what we thought would be the best way of tackling creating a library.  I will share this with our team during our process improvement meeting and test it out.

Message 14 of 26
dsbryon

I have been trying to use my Mac computer as much as possible. But, it seems to me that the Autocad program for Mac is not complete and it's entirely alien to navigate when it is compared with it's windows cousin. Please let me know if something is in the works before I am forced to buy another computer. thank you

Message 15 of 26
john.vellek
in reply to: dsbryon

Hi @dsbryon,

The product is ever changing and maturing. If you would like to see the potential new features of AutoCAD for Mac, I suggest you try the new public Beta.  I hope that you will explore the possibilities!

John Vellek

Message 16 of 26
dsbryon
in reply to: john.vellek

sadly my midterm cant wait for this. I cant even add a bathtub or sofa to my blueprint. 

Message 17 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @dsbryon,

Block insertions work the same in AutoCAD for Mac as they do in the Windows version. The difference is in how you find the blocks. From the Insert window you can select browse. Or, if you open the Content Window (Command-2) you can configure default block locations or access favorites.

Let me know if this helps.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 18 of 26
jlperez327410

What I did was locate the design center folder on the windows platform and copied them to a USB. I then imported the files into my mac version and labeled them as such. I do not like using the school computers because every time I used CAD, it re-installs on the computer and all my settings are reset. I own a mac but I also have Parallels on it with Win7 and a version of CAD as well....just in case.

Message 19 of 26
amallgee
in reply to: maxim_k

How do I link the Content window to the actual drawing file i want to extract the libraries of layers, dimensions, text styles and dimension styles that i have already created and saved in one drawing?

Message 20 of 26
amallgee
in reply to: maxim_k

How do I link the Content window to the actual drawing file i want to extract the libraries of layers, dimensions, text styles and dimension styles that i have already created and saved in one drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost