AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVERT TEXT TO LINES?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lambj90
69175 Views, 7 Replies

CONVERT TEXT TO LINES?

Has anybody had any success converting text into lines?

I have tried the explode tool, but all it does is turn multiline text into single line text...?

I need to convert some text to lines as the CNC machine im using does not accept text.

any help, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appriciated?

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jaich
in reply to: lambj90

There's an express tool for that.  TXTEXP.

Message 3 of 8
Gary_K
in reply to: jaich

Whoa... has there been an AutoCAD for Mac update?

Gary

Message 4 of 8
lambj90
in reply to: jaich

@jaich wrote:

There's an express tool for that.  TXTEXP.

I thought that express tools wasn't included on the mac version of autocad yet...?

Message 5 of 8
jaich

Oh, shoot.  My bad.  I keep forgetting how much isn't in the mac version.  I bet if you asked someone with a PC version they would do this for you, it only takes a second to do.  One thing to watch, though, is how many line segments it creates from the text.  It isn't a clean outline.  You will definitely have to clean it up prior to sending it to CNC.

Message 6 of 8
bkobeWYEPL

Just use Rhinoceros 3d - command is textobject 🙂

Message 7 of 8
ambrose
in reply to: bkobeWYEPL

That's about as helpful as the comment I'm about to make!

Which is this..

Why would you install Autocad on a Mac, and why does it even exist?!?!

Message 8 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: bkobeWYEPL

Hi @bkobeWYEPL,

Another way to create the outlines is to open the DWG in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape and save the text outlines. I have both applications on my Mac and the 2nd one is even free.

Yes, this function is not yet part of the Mac Express Tools but I have my fingers crossed for this feature in the future as I use it quite a bit on the Windows side.

Of course, subscription users are also able to install AutoCAD for Windows in a Bootcamp or other VM partition so they can run the Express Tools to do this process there as well.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost