AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints menu problems

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
garsmack
15818 Views, 8 Replies

Constraints menu problems

I use Autocad 2010 at school on the PC, under windows 7,  but Autocad 2011 at home on the mac. on the mac Ive noticed constraints icons come up all the time on my drawings, i hide them, then more apprear. very annoying cause you cant click on the items behind without closing all of them. ive tried to turn off the constrains icons, but nothing works. also i have noticed when ive been adding new lines to my drawings it wants to snap to the nearest corner, instead of where i was clicking on the line. it doesnt have as many options as the pc version for changing prefs, so i cant find where to make this "normal" for me. help. my instructor tells me i should have bought windows, UUGG!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jaich
in reply to: garsmack

First off, your instructor was correct.

As for the constraints issue, turn off infer constraints.  

As for snapping to the endpoint of a line instead of where you are clicking, turn off your endpoint snap.  If you don't have your object snaps on, expect your accuracy to be pretty much nonexistent.  

Message 3 of 9
maxim_k

Hi garsmack,

If you really need to use constraints (even if Infer Constraints is turned on) you can try to use this solution to clean up display from constraints icons:

1. First, as you did - hide existing constraints icons (you have know how),

2. Set system variable CONSTRAINTBARDISPLAY to 2 (instead of 3 by default)

By this way you still can apply constraints, but you can see constraints icons only if you select objects, when no command is active.

Screen shot 2011-01-22 at 9.09.41.png

HTH

@garsmack wrote:

... also i have noticed when ive been adding new lines to my drawings it wants to snap to the nearest corner, instead of where i was clicking on the line. ....

Please, check your OSNAP settings, also you can turn off Object Snap temporary with F3 (or Fn+F3) key or you can override Object Snap for current click - use Shift+Right-click to call context OSNAP override menu, as you do on PC.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 9
garsmack

cool, thanks, i will try both of these solutions, ive gotten so frustrated with the mac version that I have boot camped my Macbook pro. but with these settings changes, things are very hopeful that I wont need to spend too long in the windows world. Ty very much.

G.

Message 5 of 9
lmcgavern

I wasn't able to turn the constraints off (someone wrote to turn "infer constraints" off--I don't see anything with "infer"). Since I couldn't turn them off, I just used one constraint that will never show up. Even so, the drawings is incredibly bogged down and virtually unusable. What else can I do to turn this off? I don't even know how it was turned on!

Message 6 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: lmcgavern

@lmcgavern wrote:

I wasn't able to turn the constraints off (someone wrote to turn "infer constraints" off--I don't see anything with "infer"). Since I couldn't turn them off, I just used one constraint that will never show up. Even so, the drawings is incredibly bogged down and virtually unusable. What else can I do to turn this off? I don't even know how it was turned on!

Hi,

Please, read my post above.

Infer constraints toggle button is on Status Bar:

Screen shot 2011-01-31 at 23.03.07.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 9
jdagen

There is a bug. I uncheck infer constraints but it does not turn it off. Is anyone else having this problem.

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: jdagen

Hi,

Unchecking infer constraints doesn't turn off or remove existing constraints. You have to turn them off with menu Parametric-> Constraint Bars-> Hide All, or delete them manually with Parametric-> Delete Constraints.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 9
rmackin
in reply to: jaich

This fixed worked for me. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost