AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely new to Mac as well as AutoCAD 2013 for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cjw2008
501 Views, 4 Replies

Completely new to Mac as well as AutoCAD 2013 for Mac

Okay, so I just bought a MacBook Pro to do my school work on. I did this because I wanted a reliable computer that I could download multiple programs on and not slow down the system. At my college campus I use a Windows desktop with AutoCAD 2011. Now I have upgraded my personal program to AutoCAD 2013 for Mac. My first problem is that I cannot even draw a line. I selected polyline command to begin my drawing. It allows me to go left and right on the X axis, but not up and down on the Y axis. How do I fix this? Also, is there a way to make my toolbars to look similar to that of the windows version, or am I stuck with going to the top toolbar forever? Please, any help would be great!

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you in a side view ? I did that one time...took me awhile to figure it out.

The mac version does not have a customizeable ribbon like the PC version. It takes awhile to get used to....but it "grows" on you.

Message 3 of 5
cjw2008
in reply to: cjw2008

I was in the front view. Also, I should mention that I am also using the Modeling mode if it makes a difference. Is there a certain view that I should be in in order to draw a line. I was in a bit of a panic because I couldn't draw a rectangle using any line command. Also, I hope it does grow on me, since this was a big investment for me. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,

in order to see what you draw in 2d in current ucs you have to set the view to plan (top or at least bottom view), or you have to look at your drawing from some point other then side (left or right) or front - back view.

the easiest way to restore "working" view is to call PLAN command an hit Return two times.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
i.s.brown

If you learn the drafting key commands for basic drafting, they work well on the Mac. The main annoyance I have had with the Autocad for Mac, is the need to re- cue certain commands, and lineweights need to be wet-nursed prior to plotting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost