AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line is gone!?!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jesus-loves-you
9839 Views, 5 Replies

Command line is gone!?!

When I re-opened AutoCad, there was no command line, even thought the menu showed that it was open. I closed/reopened AutoCad, and is still missing. Needless to say, this makes the software impossible to use because I cannot enter a command. I don't want to waste my time rebooting. This is a trial version. I will regrettably have to go back to my PC. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

try

CTRL+9

change workspace temporarily

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 6
HawkAIA
in reply to: Jesus-loves-you

You might also try the TAB key.  Seems to work kind of like photoshop, where the tab key hides and reveals all the palettes.

Message 4 of 6
Jesus-loves-you
in reply to: HawkAIA

When I rebooted the computer, the command line reappeared. I have erased AutoCAD for Mac from my hard drive. I am glad I got the trial version first. I will, instead, use AutoCAD 2011 in BootCamp with parallel desktop. AutoCAD for Mac is unstable and too limited to be of any use. There is no reason to use a product that is expensive, faulty, and limited when the PC version is the best version ever!

Message 5 of 6
HawkAIA
in reply to: Jesus-loves-you

I have been using AFM for about a month now, and while it is not perfect, I much prefer using it in native 64 bit on my Mac instead of booting Parallels and running Windows.  For what really amounts to a version 1.0 release of a pretty complex program to code, Autodesk has done a commendable job.  At some point in the software development process, you have to get the product into real users hands, knowing that it is not perfect.

I have licenses of the Windows product as well, and run it on Parallels, and it does have functionality that the initial Mac release is missing. I guess it really gets down to your preference. I applaud Autodesk for giving me a choice.

Message 6 of 6
sirontech
in reply to: HawkAIA

I agree John.  I have used the PC version since R13 and switched to Architecture about six years ago.  Since switching to a Mac about three years ago when I purchased a MacPro (and am glad I did) I have been using BootCamp to run AutoCAD.  I just downloaded the trial version and although it takes some getting used to (as was the switch from a PC to the Mac) I think it's okay for now.  I will look forward to the next releases (and hope that I don't have to shell out $$$ every time).

Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost