AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

bradbougourd
Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)

Command Help!!!!

291 Views, 2 Replies
02-24-2011 07:31 AM

Hi,

I am new to AutoCAD for mac and seem to be having problems with it and getting very frustrated with it. I use 2011 AutoCAD usually and will be getting the new 2012 for windows when its out.

But with my 2011 AutoCAD for mac I am just having problems.

If i selesct a line and then want to copy it, i type the command left click on my mouse, and rather than that being enter it brings up a box where i have to select from some popular commands, which i feel this is such a bad system as if i wanted to use stretch command, but select the lines first i cant as 'Select' isnt in the drop down box which appears.

Can this be changed? I REALLY hope so!

Thanks

Valued Contributor
David_Stacey
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Command Help!!!!

02-24-2011 04:44 PM in reply to: bradbougourd

Sounds like you need to change the selection settings in Preferences....

Contributor
MidnightBlue
Message 3 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: Command Help!!!!

02-24-2011 06:22 PM in reply to: David_Stacey

Go to AutoCAD --> Preferences --> General.  Check the "Enable quick secondary click as return"

You might also look at the various selection options available to you, to make sure your current copy of AutoCAD is configured the same as your previous version.  These options are same ones available on the Windows version.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.