AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerlines in Mac

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nuttzzy
375 Views, 3 Replies

Centerlines in Mac

ok guys i found where to upload a centerline to the drawing but then every line comes out dashed.. and i have to manualy change back and fourth to turn it off and on.. how do i make a button or assine it to a certin layer? i read something about putting BYLAYER in the discription and it would but nothing saved..

also everytime i restart my cad it changes my grid spacing back to default. how do it stop this? 

Also runnig a student version so these features might not be there.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: nuttzzy

Hi,

In order to have Linotype BYLAYER for newly created objects you have to set BYLAYER property in Properties palette when nothing selected in drawing. If you need some special Lynette for some of the objects in DWG file, you have to assign this lune type to the layer and put these objects to that layer.
Not sure what do you mean about grid settings. Did you mean grid in new drawings or in drawings that you have saved before?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
nuttzzy
in reply to: maxim_k

ya if i change the grid spacing when it loads it automaticly gose back to default, i guess i need to make a custome template to keep it that way.. and im guessing the centerline needs to be in the custom template also??

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: nuttzzy

Yes, if you want to change default grid settings for new files, you have to customize template DWT file (just open it in AutoCAD as ordinary DWG, make changes and save).

And yes, you can load centerline linetype to drawing template in order to use it in every new drawing.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost