AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

Contributor
noa.p
Message 1 of 18 (7,930 Views)

Can't change objects' colour / line type

7930 Views, 17 Replies
12-07-2010 01:16 AM

Hello,

When I want to change an object's colour without reassigning it to a different layer, the colour doesn't change, but the next object I draw will get the colour I defined. This way, I have to draw again all the objects I want instead of just changing their colours.

This issue happens also with line types.

What I do to change the colour is select the object, and in the Properties box change the colour from ByLayer to the colour I want. 

I don't know if that's a bug or if it's just like that (AutoCAD for mac is the only version I ever used), but I guess it's not supposed to be like that... Any ideas? 

Thanks.

Active Contributor
tkchaitu
Message 2 of 18 (7,906 Views)

Re: Can't change objects' colour / line type

12-07-2010 07:48 AM in reply to: noa.p

Select the object and change the properties.  Unfortunately you may have to carefully select each object (presuming you have may objects) to apply the changes.  This process was much easier in windows version using Qselect, where u can select objects based on a criteria.

Current object properties are the properties shown in property inspector when no object is selected.  Basically it provides the set properties for new objects.  Changing any of these properties will only affect the new objects.  All objects created prior to the change will retain their existing properties. 

Object properties are not shared parameters.  Every object has its own copy of parameters.  The only way to make them share a value is to assign Bylayer, Byblock value to them ( It can also be done using parametric equations).  The former will share the properties of the layer and later will share the properties of the block.

I hope I am making myself clear.  Let me know if you have any difficulty in understanding.

KC

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 18 (7,902 Views)

12-07-2010 08:37 AM in reply to: noa.p

Sounds like you have PICKFIRST variable turned off.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
noa.p
Message 4 of 18 (7,899 Views)

12-07-2010 09:31 AM in reply to: pendean

I'm sorry, what does that mean?

Contributor
noa.p
Message 5 of 18 (7,898 Views)

12-07-2010 09:32 AM in reply to: tkchaitu

Thanks for the detailed response :smileyhappy:

I tried selecting an object and then I went to modify- > properties, but nothing happened. No window opened, nothing whatsoever. I also tried right-clicking and clicked on Properties, and again, nothing. What should I expect when I click on it?

Employee
khedeks
Message 6 of 18 (7,895 Views)

12-07-2010 09:45 AM in reply to: noa.p

Hi,

You should be able to select an object and change the color in the properties inspector on the right side of the screen (by default). If the window is already open, right clicking or using the Modify menu and selecting "Properties" doesn't do anything.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Shekhar Khedekar

Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
noa.p
Message 7 of 18 (7,893 Views)

12-07-2010 09:47 AM in reply to: khedeks

Yeah, that's exactly what I do, I select the object and then try to change the line colour or type in the properties inspector window, but it doesn't change... It only affects the next object I'll draw, not those that I already drew and now want to change.

Employee
pavanjella
Message 8 of 18 (7,861 Views)

12-07-2010 07:31 PM in reply to: noa.p

Hello,

What is the value of 'pickadd' ? It should be 2 by default.

thanks,
Pavan Jella

AutoCAD Test Development

Autodesk Inc

Contributor
noa.p
Message 9 of 18 (7,849 Views)

12-08-2010 12:17 AM in reply to: pavanjella

It is 2.

Thanks,

Noa.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 10 of 18 (7,838 Views)

12-08-2010 07:10 AM in reply to: noa.p
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.