AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I override linear dimensions? DDEDIT not working to edit text

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jake333
2153 Views, 2 Replies

Can I override linear dimensions? DDEDIT not working to edit text

Hi there. I am new to autocad on MAC. 

I use DIMCONSTRAINT to measure between 2 points. On the PC, I am able to DDEDIT and change the TEXT inside. Use the Horizontal, veritical, and angle tool.

On the MAC, I am not able to change the text/value. I can change the NAME, but am unable to edit the length (I know it seems strange, but its necessary for my projects). I do notice a LOCK next to the text (see image). In addition, there are locks next to all the tools labeled "DIMCONSTRAINT".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Currently, I am exploding and editing. This works, tust takes A LOT longer. 

Thanks!

lock.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Jake333

Hi,

It is really strange, because I'm able to edit dimension text in dimension constraints (by double clicking on dimension text, or by using TEXTEDIT or DDEDIT commands). The LOCK symbol just indicates that it is constrained dimension.

And why you are using constrained dimensions instead of ordinary annotation dimensions (DIMLINEAR, DIMANGULAR, etc.)?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Jake333
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for your reply!

I was in fact using the wrong tool. the DIMLINEAR, and DIMANGULAR allow me to edit. I am still new at this, and really appreciate your help. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost