AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get hold of old versions of the 30-day

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1000 Views, 7 Replies

Can I get hold of old versions of the 30-day

I have tried to install the 30 day free trial of AutoCAD 2015, but it came up with a message saying my OS system is too old. I'm using OS X 10.6.8. It looks like I could've run AutoCAD 2013.

I expect the answer is no, but I just wondered if there is any way of getting the 2013 version on a 30 day trial. There will be many a sad sigh if not. 

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Someone might be willing to share their installer, since the trial is done as a special limited-run license for the full version.  Its a *huge* file so some sort of file transfer method would be needed.  You have bigger problem though: older versions of the program aren't sold so you won't be able to purchase it for further use.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 8
maxim_k

Hi,

You can use Autodesk Virtual assistant:

How do I download the Autodesk software if I'm not on Subscription?

Now that's a great question, especially since most everything external is only 2015 now and what if you want 2014? or 2012?

Autodesk has provided us with the "Virtual Agent" to help us with downloading programs if you're no longer on subscription. Of course, you can use the Virtual assistant for other things too, just look at that list (see below)!

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

But doorsman is absolutely correct- you can not purchase this old version.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you all for your advice!

maxim_k & pendean - I've had a rummage on the Virtual Agent and I have not come across any advice or links to old versions of free trials specifically. I did find links to download old versions however, and clicked on AutoCAD 2013 for Mac, but a completely blank window popped up. So perhaps these links are for those who already have a license but who require an older version? See the info below provided by the virtual agent: 

"Autodesk and our authorized resellers are only allowed to sell the current version of our products.

However, customers who purchase the current version of our programs along with a Subscription contract are entitled to request the use of one of the three versions prior to the current one (i.e if the current version is the 2014, as a Subscription customer you would be entitled to request a serial number to use the 2013, 2012 or 2011 versions)"

I guess that's it? 

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Here is the link I got from the Assistant (without subscription) :

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/ACDMAC/ESD/AutoCAD_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg?authpa...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Maxim, I'm afraid I'm having no luck with that.  When i click on the link I just get a blank window up. 

I'm guessing that's because I don't have any autocad software on my computer? I really don't know though. 

Thanks for your efforts.

Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

@Anonymous wrote:

.... When i click on the link I just get a blank window up. 

If you are using Safari - it starts to download without any warnings.

Yes, you will get new blank window, but look at the "Show downloads" button:

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 07.57.45.png

If you will pick on it you will see download progress - wait until it will complete, pick on magnifying glass near the name of download - this will bring you to download location.

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 07.57.58.png

Strange for me, but it is "ABC" of using Safari on Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Maxim - You are the bees knees!

All downloaded and looks perfect. 

Over 3 years on a Mac and I still forget to check the downloads window. Wouldn't it be nice if it intuitively popped up. Anyway apologies for extreme dopeyness. 

Thank you profusely. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost