AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

Mentor
katie1994
Message 11 of 12 (43 Views)

Re: Can I customize the appearance of the command buttons?

09-15-2011 08:50 AM in reply to: d-web

Off topic but I agree. I have been using AutoCAD since version 9 and a Mac for 6 months. There are a lot of things I like about the Mac version but they have gone too far trying to make it Mac-like. Case in point is the Plot dialog window. It has been dumbed down to the point of unusability. Where are all the options and sizes? And why open Preview in Acrobat? Your plot settings don't transfer and you have to go through page setup again in Acrobat. Slow, slow, slows down my productivity.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 12 of 12 (41 Views)

Re: Can I customize the appearance of the command buttons?

09-15-2011 08:58 AM in reply to: d-web

Like most software, it isn't written completely from scratch.  They make use of the tools that are available (especially in the UI area) and, in doing so, the interface will take on the flavor inherent in those tools.  The only way to get a Windows-like appearance is to purchase the tools where they are available and create them where they are not.  Both would make the product more expensive than it already is.  The latter (in-house design) would delay the product even further and introduce another factor that would need to be checked when trying to squash bugs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.