AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera creation in auto cad for mac

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lamo0osh_93
7540 Views, 3 Replies

Camera creation in auto cad for mac

Hello Everyone am an interior Design Student and i need it to work in 3d in autocad and i've noticed that there is no camera creation like the one in windows autocad can anyone help in that ? what should i do instand ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: lamo0osh_93

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
You are right, there is no CAMERA command in Mac version of AutoCAD.
You can only use 3DORBIT (with perspective view enabled) or DVIEW commands to create Camera-like 3D views.
All named views created with perspective enabled in them would be treated as Cameras in PC version of AutoCAD.

Do you need just to create Camera views? Or you need adjust (fine-tune) them later?
How accurate should be Camera views (such as exact camera position, lens length, field of view, etc.)? If you need accurate Camera parameters, than you need to use DVIEW command to create Camera-like views in AutoCAD for Mac. Of course, there is a way to use AutoLISP routine to simplify the process of creation of Camera-like view.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
lamo0osh_93
in reply to: maxim_k

thanx for answaring me 

and yes i would like to have an adjustabe camera view not just view and but what do you mean by AutoLISP ? 

i want to try to have the best view with autocad 3D it would really help me in my studying feild 

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: lamo0osh_93

About AutoLISP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoLISP
In theory it is possible to write AutoLISP routine for Mac which will allow to simplify creation of Camera with DVIEW command.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost