AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callout blocks HELP URGENT

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cleung2
3404 Views, 8 Replies

Callout blocks HELP URGENT

Hi,

I know in AutoCad PC version, you can pull out the tools palette using ctrl+3 and use the callout bubbles (section/elevation/drawing title/detail etc) in the annotative tab. Does autocad for mac 2013 have that?? I can't find it anywhere. Also, we can't create dynamic blocks in cad for mac, can anyone suggest how I should go about making a detail bubble? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: cleung2

Hi,

Short Googing gave me this link:

http://www.cadlispandtips.com/2012/01/blk-dynamic-callouts.html

You should say many thanks to Bijoy Manoharan

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 9
david23SJB
in reply to: maxim_k

The file was really helpful. Is there a way to whiteout the text background of the callout to match so you can't see viewports/layers below?

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: david23SJB

HI @david23SJB,

Please share with me on a post,  the blocks you are using and I will see if I can do this with a textmask or a solid hatch set to a non-plotting color such as 255,255,255

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 9
david23SJB
in reply to: john.vellek

File attached. Are there out of the box section/detail callouts within Autocad for Mac?

Message 6 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @david23SJB,

Try this block and see if it works for you. When you insert it you might need to adjust the Draw Order to make sure that it is the very "Front" object.  I created a circular wipeout inside the block and set it to be color 255,255,255.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 9
david23SJB
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks. How did you edit the block? When I double click on the callout it opens the 'Enhanced Attribute Editor' but doesn't allow me to edit the core block/linework.

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k

Hi David,

>>>How did you edit the block?

Right-click on selected block instance, then select "Block Editor" from context menu.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 9 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @david23SJB,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Were you able to open the blocks using Block Editor (BE) and add the hatch as I did with my sample? Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost