AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

sellsworth
Message 1 of 3 (767 Views)

CAD for Mac 2012 Pdf issues

767 Views, 2 Replies
02-13-2012 09:19 PM

I'm trying to print some fabrication drawings as an 11x17 pdf file. I have the layout set up to an 11x17 paper size, but when I save/export/publish to pdf, the saved pdf file always ends up as 8.5x11! I've tried using the 'save to pdf' button on the printer dialogue. I've also tried to 'export' to pdf, with override settings to make sure the paper size is correctly set. Still no luck. Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help!

txaglh
Message 2 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: CAD for Mac 2012 Pdf issues

03-05-2012 10:15 AM in reply to: sellsworth

Argh!  I am having the exact same problem - except for a 24x36 layout.  I have successfully printed this layout to pdf multiple times before, and now - suddenly something has changed and it will only print to pdf an 8 1/2x11 area of my plot.  WTF?!  How did I break it and how do I fix it!?

txaglh
Message 3 of 3 (687 Views)

Re: CAD for Mac 2012 Pdf issues

03-05-2012 11:12 AM in reply to: sellsworth

I fixed it!  

Here's how I got this to work for me:

File

Print

Paper Size - hit the disclosure triangle

Select Manage Custom Sizes

Set the Paper Size dimensions for your layout and set the Non-Printable areas to 0.00

Ok

Now you're back to the Print box

Hit the PDF disclosure trianlge (lower right)

Save as PDF

Fill out the info inthe Save dialog box

Save As, location, etc.

Save

done.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!