AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background color problem in layout in Mac 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hugotron
3256 Views, 4 Replies

Background color problem in layout in Mac 2015

I am having a problem in the brand new 2015. I have a layer whose color is the same of the background of the application (not the layout color, the one you can change in Look&Feel preferences, I am talking about the gray color outside the layout).

So I do not see the lines drawn in that layer, because they are the same color of the background.

This doesn not happen in 2014, where the background color I am talking about is different. How can I change that "general" background color?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: hugotron

Hi,

You can not change the colour of the paper surrounding area, but you can remove this surrounding area and get layout background colour everywhere across the Layout.

Look at the post in my blog:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/uniform-layout-background-in-autocad-for-mac-and-autocad-lt-...

Load AutoLISP file attached to that post and call L_ELEM command, than select option #3 - "Hide paper background"

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
jcruz_eng
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi. 

Thanks a lot for the tip! Worked OK. Now, have a question. I think I unload one application. Don't know for sure what was it because I think was at the top of the list and I was at the bottom looking at your .lsp. How could I know if indeed I unload something? Does ACAD give a notification when trying to access that app? Again, thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: jcruz_eng

If you accidentally unloaded some of autoloaded arx applications with .boundle or .crx file extension you only need to restart AutoCAD (use menu AutoCAD -> Quit AutoCAD) and unloaded application should be in place again.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
stingmer
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you so much, very useful!!! You are genius Smiley LOL 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost