AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad won't start: JSON Parse error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jarrett
1186 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad won't start: JSON Parse error

Roughly 10 days ago, I downloaded the free trial of Autocad LT 2015 Mac. For those roughly 10 days, I used the software without issue. But today, when I launched Autocad, instead of the normal trial screen, I saw an Autodesk ID sign-in screen. (Please see the attached screenshot.)

I attempted to sign in with my correct credentials, but the application said that the ID or password was wrong. I changed my Autodesk password, thinking that might resolve the issue. I also took the opportunity to update my email address, which was outdated.

I attempted to sign in again with my new password. This time, I got the error message shown in the attached screenshot. The text of the error message is:

parsererror SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected identifier "Notice"

This is as far as I have gotten. I am unable to use Autocad pending resolution of this issue. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I don't believe Autodesk 360 is installed on my machine.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: jarrett

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
I think you need to try this solution:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/trouble-signing-in-to-free-maya-trial-getting-p...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
jarrett
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you. That resolved the parse error. But now the sign-in form fails with the message: "Autodesk ID or Password not recognized. Please try again." 

I have verified that I have the correct username and password, because I can successfully log in to the Autodesk website. Changing my password doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: jarrett

Try to use your e-mail associated with your Autodesk account instead of Autodesk user name.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
jarrett
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you. That resolved the issue. So the conclusion is:

1. Do not include the number sign (#) in passwords.
  2. Sign in with your email address, not your Autodesk ID.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost