AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MAC 2014 Bleeding on Solid Hatch Printing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Grindlay
2032 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD MAC 2014 Bleeding on Solid Hatch Printing

Hello,

Looking for some recommended solutions/help here:

I am trying to plot our company logo in our title-block on a 24"x36" Canon iPF760 plotter and am experiencing consisdent bleeding on solid hatch boundaries - especially on splines, arcs, and generally anything with curves, though I still get minor bleeding on angles.  

By bleeding I mean that there is inexcplicable bits of hatch that extend beyond their boundaries only when printing from Autocad MAC.  I have tried printing identical files with identical settings on AutoCAD LT 2013 for PC (64 bit Win7) and the hatch works flawlessly.  

I have also tested this phenomenon on random hatched shapes, and whenever I use a solid hatch on a curved area, it will consistently bleed.  I have looked closely at the bleeding and from print to print, the bleed is about an 80% match.  It's not identical, but it bleeds in a fairly consistent manner each time.  

I have attached 2 pictures, one is from printing on AutoCAD MAC 2014, the other is from AutoCAD LT 2013 (Win7 64bit).

Note that the hatch shown in the pictures was built by exploding text, then re-drawn to replace all polylines with splines/arcs for fidelity.  I then hatched the letters and completely removed the lines/splines/arcs that served as the original bound for the hatch in order to eliminate potential line thickness issues in printing (problem still existed when the outline was in place)

Please help.  

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Grindlay

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

It is knowing problem with printing (saving to PDF) Solid hatches from AutoCAD for Mac, and this problem was already discussed here.

The fact is that when you output Solid hatches (fills) from AutoCAD for Mac each Solid hatch area is divided into small individual triangles, each of which is outlined by line with some width, and you see the "bleeds" at the corners of this triangles. The more complex is outline of solid hatch area, the more triangles needed to compose the fill in output, the more bleeds you will get.

As I know, there is no way to to make AutoCAD do not use these outlines, except one:

Use gradient Hatch with two identical colors to simulate solid color instead of using Solid hatch pattern.

On the screen shot you can see the difference: the top line of outlined text was filled with Solid hatch, and the bottom line was filled with two color gradient:

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 10.17.52.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost