AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT UI in Mac OSX El Capitan

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1097 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT UI in Mac OSX El Capitan

So I have AutoCAD LT 2016 installed on my Macbook Pro (Early '15). I had AutoCAD 2015 Installed on it a while back, when OSX Yosemite was still on my machine. At that point, my view was very familiar to my experience in the office on my PC - toolbar on the top, etc etc. Now, I have my toolbar on the side which is very strange. Here's a screen shot. All of the toolbar options are there on the top of the screen, I just hate how they're in menus as opposed to them being an array of icons (Second photo for example of what I mean) Is there any way for me to make it look like it does on the second photo? Seems like since I've gone El Capitan everything's just gone down hill....Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
On the first screenshot you presented AutoCAD LT for Mac, but on the second - AutoCAD LT for PC.
AutoCAD for Mac has it's own interface and you cannot make it look like AutoCAD for PC.
Looks like you were using 2015 version via Boot camp or inside virtual machine on your Mac.
So if you want the interface of PC version, you need to install AutoCAD for PC on your Mac via Boot camp or in Windows Virtual machine (Parallels Desktop or Vmware Fusion).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost