AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT / Mavericks doesn't open even with SP2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wdowdy
464 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT / Mavericks doesn't open even with SP2

After getting a new computer with Mavericks, I was not able to open AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013.  I uninstalled AutoCAD LT and then reinstalled it.  Then after reading comments in this forum, I installed SP1 & SP2, but still cannot open the program.  I get the standard error message "A software problem has caused AutoCAD LT to close unexpectedly."  The Version is G.55.M.208(x64).  The Error is "Unhandled Exception."

It sounds like everyone else's Mavericks problems have gone away with SP2.  Please advise.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: wdowdy

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

How did you install AutoCAD on this new Mac for the first time? Was it a clean installation or you migrated your account from old Mac?
Have you passed Activation process after first installation?
Did you uncheck "leave application preferences" during removing AutoCAD with Remove AutoCAD application?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
wdowdy
in reply to: maxim_k

How did you install AutoCAD on this new Mac for the first time? Was it a clean installation or you migrated your account from old Mac?

The first time, it was migrated from an old Mac.

Have you passed Activation process after first installation?

After the first install AutoCAD went directly to the error message.

Now when I try to open AutoCAD, I see the screen with the Castro Mello stadium on it before I get the error message.

Did you uncheck "leave application preferences" during removing AutoCAD with Remove AutoCAD application?

I reinstalled AutoCAD twice.  The first time I left the preferences.  When that reinstall did not work, I reinstalled again, unchecking "leave application preferences."

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: wdowdy

Looks like it is an activation problem.
Have you tried this:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16276182&linkID=15839490

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost