AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT Mac 2012 crash on closing a drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fanjoyarch
525 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT Mac 2012 crash on closing a drawing

I'm a longtime ACAD user in the PC world, just switched to the mac version. I've been having two vexing problems, and am looking for advice. The big one is that every time I close a drawing, the software crashes. It even does it with the default "drawing1" drawing. If there were other drawings open at the crash, they are corrupted as well and I can only get the data back by inserting them as a block into a new drawing.  Any thoughts?

A second problem, too, is that somehow AutoCAD LT Mac 2012 disrupts the way OSX handles dragging and dropping files. If I've been using AutoCAD, then I find that in Mail, Safari, and other programs, I can't "let go" of something when I try to drag and drop. It takes shutting down ACAD and restarting OSX to clear the problem, and it comes back the next time I use AutoCAD. 

Quite puzzling. Any advice would be appreciated.

-jim

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david
in reply to: fanjoyarch

I'm having the same issue. SO frustrating!

Message 3 of 3
fanjoyarch
in reply to: fanjoyarch

After a lot of trial and error, I found that if I don't have the "layers" palette open, it does it infrequently to never. I am old-school and used to keyboard layer commands, so this doesn't bug me, but MAN you'd think they'd fix that in a software app that is so expensive. I had repeated interactions with their tech support, and they never really fixed anything. Please file a bug report with them, so they know this is making people annoyed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost