AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

edgar
Message 1 of 3 (651 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD LT for Mac "The installation failed"

651 Views, 2 Replies
01-18-2013 11:14 PM

"The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

System:

MacBook Pro 6,2 with OS X 10.8.2

Installation (newest package downloaded from the internet)

AutoCAD_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/ shows no Autodesk Licence (although I bought one), only the Adobe CS4 licenses.

What I tried and didn't work for me:

Renaming the FLEXnet Publisher and uninstalling and installing AutoCAD LT again (as suggested in other forum entries)

I tried the above also with the AutoCAD trial, it did not work.

There are also no saved states from AutoCAD, which could prevent start-up or anything like this. (as suggested in other forum entries)

There are no hidden files in the FLEXnet publisher directory as well (I deleted them).

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

What didn't work for me sofar:

Closed: The problem were the rights in the file system. A repair of the access rights on the respective volume with Disk Utility did the job! I had only to uninstall & then the reinstallation worked without problem.

Thanks!

edgar
Message 2 of 3 (638 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT for Mac "The installation failed"

01-19-2013 01:05 PM in reply to: edgar

Closed: The problem were the rights in the file system. A repair of the access rights on the respective volume with Disk Utility did the job! I had only to uninstall & then the reinstallation worked without problem.

Thanks!

peijanch
Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT for Mac "The installation failed"

07-02-2013 10:37 PM in reply to: edgar
thanks! this fixed worked for me too!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.