AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT For MAC - PDF Layering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AVPartner
505 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT For MAC - PDF Layering

Hi There,

Im in the process of purchasing CAD software to roll out through our company.

One of the main features of changing our CAD software is to take advantage of the PDF Layering feature. We want to create PDF documents with the ability to turn seperate layers on and off.

I have downloaded the trial version of AutoCAD LT for MAC and I cannot seem to locate this feature. Under the Printer/Plotter menu, I can only see my local laserjet printer.

Im assuming this feature wasnt included in the MAC ported version of AutoCAD LT.

I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the lack of this feature before I move on to another software solution.

Many Thanks,

Kris.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: AVPartner

Hi Kris,

You can create PDF files in AutoCAD LT for Mac, by exporting DWG files to PDF, or by using Batch plot feature.

But, unfortunately, there is no Layers in PDF files, created in AC for Mac (I think it is rather OS limitations).

You can create layered PDF files on Mac by using AutoCAD WS application (WEB or App Store version).

BTW, AutoCAD for Mac is not "ported" version - it is native Mac application

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost