AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad lt: Clicking into a block attribute

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alloversolutions
596 Views, 2 Replies

autocad lt: Clicking into a block attribute

Hey so, I moved from OLD Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 on PC to AutoCAD LT 2014 on Mac. I have been using it the last few months and like a lot of things. However, I have found one thing I do not like is when I click into one of my block attributes with text it does automatically highlight and click into the specific text on the block. 

For example:

I would click on my block like, "First Floor Plan"  and it would go straigh to that text to edit it.  Now when I double click on the "First Floor Plan" it does not highlight and take me directly to it. I now how to select it and then edit it.

With that said I use to be able to hit 'enter' after editing each part and it would take me to the other attributes by hitting 'enter' after editing each part.  Now I have to select each one.

I know it's not much but it sure is annoying to have to do more work in the new version to get little things done.

Is this a setting somewhere I can change or programming that I can't change easily?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: alloversolutions

Hi,

You are right, there is a limitation in AutoCAD for Mac: when you start to edit attribute value the focus in Edit attribute dialog doesn't go to the attribute you double clicked.
But you can try to use another way to edit attribute value: hold Control key on keyboard while you double click an attribute- now you can edit attribute "in-place", just hit Return when you are done with editing to save or hit Esc to cancel. This is easy and fast even without dialog box!

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
alloversolutions
in reply to: maxim_k

That will do!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost