AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 _ Yosemite trouble re-install

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
richardasampson
8009 Views, 32 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 _ Yosemite trouble re-install

Hi All,

I had AutoCAD LT Mac 2013 installed on a Mac Pro using Mavericks.  I updated to yosemite and everything was working fine.  I recently installed a new SSD and migrated my applications to the new SSD.  That broke ACAD LT 2013 from starting anymore.

I see that there is now a service pac 3 for yosemity compatibilty BUT since ACAD broke I tried to re-install and had to remove ACAD LT 2013 to try that so I removed it.  Now Yosemite keeps stopping the installation and I get an error message saying that operating system not supported, you need OS 10.6.4  at a minimum.

How are we who have had ACAD uninstalled supposed to apply the patch if we cannot install a fresh copy of ACAD 2013?????  We own that program, I hae afull license, and are out 1,200 bucks due to Yosemite incompatibility for a fresh installation to apply the new service pac.

AutoDesk, do you have a solution to this problem to keep your customers up and operating??  I am a sole proprietor and cannot afford to upgrade to ACAD LT 2015 at this point and I cannot work without AutoCAD.

I have installed Draftsight 2015 temporarily to keep my present projects going but I need my purchased copy of ACAD LT 2013 to work using the provided update for Yosemite compatibility.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to make fresh installation of AC LT 2013 using the trick I described earlier here. Than I was able to update it with SP2 and SP3.
I know - it is not quite "the correct" way to install the application, but the only one which works and is rather simple.
I think that MAS version should get the update in near future.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous

Hallo I've also those problems.

With SP3 autoca 2013 cannot be installed on Yosemite.

I'm working in those days xith a trial Autoca 2015.

I strongly hope Autodesk will solve very soon the problem to work on Yosemite with AutoCAD 2013!

Salvatore

Message 23 of 33
richardasampson
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim,

All of us are still waiting for an AutoDesk update to allow us to use the software we paid for and now cannot use.  You seem to have some pull in the autodesk world.  PLEASE push some buttons for us who have spent (to us) is a lot of $ and now we cannot use what we paid for.

Hey Autodesk, what is the hold up?????

Message 24 of 33
maxim_k
in reply to: richardasampson

Hi Richard,

1. If you are on Mavericks, you can reinstall AutoCAD LT 2013 and apply SP2 and SP3 without any troubles, because SP3 was updated to eliminate the problems with starting AutoCAD after update.

2. If you are on Yosemite and have AutoCAD LT with SP2 applied, you can install SP3 now (see #1)

3. If you are on Yosemite and removed AutoCAD from your Mac - yes, you cannot install it from original media, as original installer is still not get the update. You can use my workaround (temporary change OS X version number in one of the system files) to install AC LT 2013 and SP2, or you need to wait. Unfortunately my "pull in the Autodesk world" is not strong enough 🙂

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous

Maxim:

This same thing happened with AutoCAD 2012 for mac when Maveicks was released in 2013.  Except then Autodesk said they had no intention of updating that software.  

In fact I had to upgrade to 2013 for Mac because an update to something in 10.8  (flash, print drivers, security...im not sure what) made parts of AC 2012 for Mac incompatable. AC 2012 lt for mac lost all support before the year 2013 ended.  That is a very small window of support for $1000 software.

One of my collegues is running AC 2004 on windows 7 with out issues.  In fact it seems to run betteron 7 than it did on XP.  His AC 2004 is still more full features than my AC 2013.

As a Mac user it feels like we are losing support quicker while gaining functionality slower than PC users.  As far as I can tell it is just getting worse.  

Do you feel that this move toward yearly releases of OS, yearly releases of software and an inability to maintain compatability will eventually cause bigger problems?

What has been the typical support path for PC software from Autodesk?

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous

I had my IT guy come and follow those instructions and it installed Autocad LT but disabled the rest of hte computer - had to go back to reboot the original system on my MacBook. DIdn't work for me.

I've now got an old computer up and running with the old operating system - OSX Mountain Lion, and trying to install AutoCAD onto the 2011 computer, but the message says that not all the folders required are available on the computer.

What folders are required to download this from the back up drive in order that i can get this up and running?

ML

Message 27 of 33
maxim_k

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my IT guy come and follow those instructions and it installed Autocad LT but disabled the rest of hte computer 

It seems your IT guy forgot to put back original SystemVersion.plist file and all applications "think" they are on Maveriks and not on Yosemite.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've now got an old computer up and running with the old operating system - OSX Mountain Lion, and trying to install AutoCAD onto the 2011 computer, but the message says that not all the folders required are available on the computer.

What folders are required to download this from the back up drive in order that i can get this up and running?

ML

What do you mean by "2011 computer"?

Are you trying to install AutoCAD 2013 for Mac?

Please provide your steps for installing AutoCAD on  "2011 computer".

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 28 of 33
wei503

We have posted the full version installer for AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac, it is compatible with Yosemite, and included the latest Service pack.

For AutoCAD:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...

For LT:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt...

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 29 of 33
sale

I TRIED AND IT WORKS AUTO CAD LT  2013 WORKING, HURRRRAAAAA 

Tags (1)
Message 30 of 33
sale

IT REALLY WORK THIS LINK
Message 31 of 33
Anonymous

This worked perfectly - THANK YOU!

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous

Just a day before the new release was posted, because of urgent work, I contacted Autodesk via chat to have more informations about the timing of the promised release LT 2013 for Yosemite. The answer was that the release was not planned! According to that answer I purchased the upgrade to LT2015 spending a lot of money. The day after I was extremely frustrated when I get the news of the new version LT2013 supported by Yosemite. IS THIS THE WAY AUTODESK DO HIS BUSINESS??? once I activated the new version LT 2015 I cannot use the refound policy because it will be impossible to reinstall the old license LT2013.......

Salvatore

Message 33 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

eu sou estudante!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost