AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD LT 2013 RETINA MBP ISSUE HELP PLEASE!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
atelierdaboavista
1688 Views, 14 Replies

AUTOCAD LT 2013 RETINA MBP ISSUE HELP PLEASE!

I´ve downloaded a trial version for evaluation on my rmbp 2.3ghz 16gb ram 1gb Graphics card, and after 2 days i´m starting to see performance issues on my macbook.

1: if i setup the crosshair size to 100% in the middle of the window when moving the crosshair the lines flicker badly from one end to the other. 

2: Today after my first 6 hours working with the app open  and after my last save/shut down of the app i started to see a lagging performance of my macbook. Changing desktops/safari windows etcs via mission control and hand gestures on trackpad is lagging. When i swipe up and back down on the track pad to use mission control i get an overlay of the folders/files i have on my desktop over this safari page!

3: the top bar where you find "about this mac/dropbox/date/time/etcs" shows a weird behavior when i hover my arrow above it and release it to its hidden position, the icons stay behind over this web page or any other app a fraction of the second without the topbar  behind it...

4: when i swipe back and forth between fmy desktop and others apps the icons on the desktop flicker for a second...

something is wrong with graphic performance...

Help please!!!!!!!

What is happening to my mac?

I bought today an autocad LT 2013/14 for MAC based on my good experience so far and all of a sudden this happens...

Excuse my english i´m portuguese...

I'm downloading the new OSX Mavericks and will see how this goes...

I have an architectural atelier with 2 rMBP and 2 new iMACs and was hoping to get native autocad for all MACS because i´m tired of parallels and windows... but after this i´m worried that my plan is going be posponed....urrrggghhhh

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

p.s: i already tried restarting my rmbp and it is doing the same weird graphic behavior

Message 3 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: atelierdaboavista

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hello,

At first I have to say: do not upgrade to Mavericks if you have AutoCAD LT 2013 installed. It is not compatible with new Mac OS at the moment. You can safely use on Mavericks only AC LT 2014.

If you are using multiple Desktops, when you work on your Mac, in other words you run applications in full screen mode, then there was already reports about graphics glitches with AutoCAD running, so it is known issue, although I have not seen such "huge" glitches on my Mac (non-Retina 15' 2012 MBP).

So I can advice you do not use multiple Desktops when you run AutoCAD on your Mac.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 15

This https://discussions.apple.com/message/19897549#19897549%2319897549 fixed so far graphics performance of the OS , but the crosshair 100% still has flickering lines in the middle of the window when moving around.

This EFI thing happened one time with my other rmbp when i attached a panasonic LCD tv as a second monitor. I remebered and gave it a try to resolve this issue and it worked. I never thought this could happen with an apple Thunderbolt display ( i was using it yesterday ).

updating to OSX Mavericks and autocad LT2014

let´s see how it goes...

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!
I have the new Macbook Pro Retina 15'' (late 2013) born with Mavericks. When I install Autocad (any version, trial/student and 2013/2014) on my Macbook, something is wrong with graphics performance.

When I swipe back and forth between my desktop and others apps, the icons on the desktop flicker for a second...there is a scrolling lag in Safary, pdf documents, moving a window and everywere.
This problem keeps if I uninstall Autocad and morover in Utility OSX.
I can solve only with recovery with time machine in a point without Autocad or formatting the ssd and reinstalling Mavericks.

Is not a problem of my Macbook because I have a new one from Apple because I could't recognise that the problem is when I install Autocad.
Autocad for windows 8 on Parallels works good, but Autocad for Mac running better (before it damnage my MAcbook..)

Others applications run very good (Photoshop, Artlantis, Premiere,..)

Apple support can't help me and I think is a problem of al new Macbook.

Sorry for my English because I'm Italian.
Message 6 of 15
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
I have to say, that I never have seen such graphical issues on Macs, where I was able to use AutoCAD - MacBook Pro 17" (2009), Mac Pro (2008), MacBook Air 13" (mid 2012), MacBook Pro 15" (mid 2012), Mac mini (2011).
The only one glitch I have seen - a slight trembling on the border between the desktops when switching between them.
Is it possible to make video (upload to YouTube?) showing glitches you have on your Mac with AutoCAD installed?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 15
atelierdaboavista
in reply to: Anonymous

Olá,

try this to fix OSX performance "This https://discussions.apple.com/message/19897549#19897549%2319897549 fixed so far graphics performance of the OS , but the crosshair 100% still has flickering lines in the middle of the window when moving around."

i did this and then re installed Autocad LT 2014 for mac again...it runs ok but open and closing safari tabs or multiple desktops are not a smooth operation with the app open.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

I've seen that discussion but I don't have com.apple.windowsserverxxxx.plist in my Library\by host (step 2)

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Here there is a video about my problem after installing Autocad 2013 and open a new drawing (when the main screen is opened for the first time, I had no problems) The problem keeps when I uninstall Autocad, and when I reset PRAM too. http://youtu.be/UV9QKegvcvI
Message 10 of 15
maxim_k

Hi Riccardo,

Have you seen this:

forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594045

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 15
maxim_k

And this:

m.cnet.com/news/some-retina-macbook-pro-owners-seeing-interface-lag/57494476

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Riccardo i got the same problem, i'm italian too.

I went 3 times to an apple store and they said that the problem is an autodesk driver...i am an architect and i use this drawing program and i really dunno how to do. Have you fine a solution?

It's my first Macbook Pro (retina) and i want to go back to windows!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 15
maxim_k

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Have you tried this solution from Wei:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-for-MAC-user-Give-them-your-feedback/m-p/46594...

(message #11 in that thread)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Hello! Stumbled across this thread when searching for Retina Display and Autocad. Currently running Autocad LT 2013 on my recently purchased Retina Macbook Pro - cannot get a straight answer on how to optimize the program for my retina display - the text on menus and icons are extremely pixelated and blurry. All answers I have found online say that Autocad 2014 supports the Retina Display. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem!? Hardly seems fair that my very recently purchased software is not supporting technology that arrived on the market the same year.

Please help!

Message 15 of 15
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

AC 2013 doesn't have support for Retina display, so there is no workaround.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost