AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 for Mac Crashes on Start Up

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ckasko
586 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 for Mac Crashes on Start Up

My boss and I share files on my computer with eachother. He was working on an Autocad file on his computer that was located on my computer when I restarted my computer. My computer froze while shutting down and then his computer froze while working on the Autocad file. After that, I am able to open files on my computer just fine, but my Boss cannot even open his Autocad anymore. The Autocad logo screen opens and says "Loading..." and then dissappears. We are both using macs and have been upgraded to the OSX Yosemite. How can I fix his computer to open the Autocad again?? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: ckasko

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

AutoCAD LT 2013 is not compatible with Yosemite. In fact it could work if you upgrade your OS with AutoCAD already installed, but in some cases it can stop to work, for example after a crash.

You can try to reinstall AutoCAD on Boss's Mac, but I'm not sure that you will be able to run AutoCAD installer (as I say 2013 version officially not supported).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
ckasko
in reply to: maxim_k

I tried reinstalling but the installer is not supported by Yosemite. Solution is to purchase the 2015 upgrade. Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 6
urbanpurposedesign
in reply to: ckasko

How is this the solution or any real resolution? 

It's not compatible with Yosemite?? Well I already upgraded my Mac to Yosemite. I can't go back to the old OS. And I guess I can't upgrade my Autocad LT 2013? But I alerady can't really use it because it crashes SO OFTEN. 5 times in the past hour. It's almost hopeless.

AUTODESK I need a solution to this problem!! How can I get Autocad to work properly again on my Mac with Yosemite??

Message 5 of 6

They have released the new service pack 3 for 2013.  It would appear that it is very difficult to install if you purchased through the app store.  I haven't installed it yet as I am reading about all the troubles with it. As far as i can tell here is what you need to do if it is from the app store.

Install 2013 on Mac with Mavericks

Upgrade to Yosimite, do not open ACAD it may get "broken"

Download and install service pack 3 per instructions

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt... )

You should be good to go

Supposedly, Auto Desk will provide an install file that will have all 3 SPs included.  I however, doubt that they will if you got it from the app store. 

Here is a more complicated, method I won't be trying:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-lt-2013-yosemite-trouble-re-install/td...

I am going to wait for a success story to be posted along with a method for upgrading.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the response PUSHPULL but I cannot update with SP3 because I need SP2 first and SP2 won't update with Yosemite.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost