Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac 2015 installation on Yosemite

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alymar7
222 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD for Mac 2015 installation on Yosemite

Hi,

I installed AutoCAD 2015 (student version) on Yosemite OS but the application won't open. The installation was successful but everytime I try to open the application, the icon jumps on the dock but after some seconds, it "dies" (I have to force-quit the application). I also installed autodesk's update 1 for autocad2015 but despite installing successfully, the original problem persists. 

After searching in some blogs, I also tried resetting the app by holding the shift key while clicking on the autocad icon, but this did not work either.

Please help!

My mac is a MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB hard disk (no solid state), running yosemite.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: alymar7

alymar7

Hopefully this is still not an issue for you but if it is, you likely have a corrupt installation. You will need to uninstall and manually delete some stuff and reinstall.

After an uninstall on MAC, you need to open a finder window and look for the Autodesk/Autocad folders in these locations, they should be clearly named:

Library/Preferences/
Library/Autodesk
Library/Application Support/Autodesk/
Users/Username/ADLM
Users/Username/Applications
Users/Username/Library/Autodesk (Have to type this in)

Next, you can look for the ADSK data files in these locations. Delete the ADSK files. If you have adobe stuff in here, leave them alone.

Library/Preferences/Flexnet

Library/Application Support/Flexnet Publisher

At this stage, install the software.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report