AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for MAC user? Give them your feedback

140 REPLIES 140
Message 1 of 141
pendean
7244 Views, 140 Replies

AutoCAD for MAC user? Give them your feedback

@ShaanHurley: Have You Tried or Use #AutoCAD for Mac? The Team would like your feedback. http://t.co/kU1FkxGSHh
140 REPLIES 140
Message 101 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: LiBo89

Do you mean VPORTS command?
http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2015/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-B394F068-5731-4ECA-B6A9-E5A4D6BA3...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 102 of 141
LiBo89
in reply to: maxim_k

No, unfortunately not.
I want only one window but turn the model to different angles whenever I need it to.

If I want to turn my model parallel to one diagonal line in 2D: how do I do that? Is it even possible in AutoCAD?

Message 103 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: LiBo89

You can setup UCS with 3 points: pick first point on diagonal line as UCS origin, pick second point of the diagonal line as X direction, pick third point of Y direction on desired side of the line.
Then use PLAN command to set view to current UCS - type PLAN at the command prompt and then hit Return two times:

Command: PLAN
Enter an option [Current ucs/Ucs/World] <Current>:
Regenerating model.
Command:

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 104 of 141
jcruz_eng
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi. I'm a Windows ACAD user until a week ago when I got a MacbookPro. Now I have ACAD 2015 installed on Yosemite. Runs well so far. My issue is with the gray paper background. Before, I could disable it going to TOOLS> OPTIONS> DISPLAY TAB> Layout elements and unchecking "Display paper background". On the new OPTIONS dialog box, there's no option to disable it. Does the command is out of the OPTIONS menu? Or does the paper background could not be disabled? I'm including a screenshot.

Message 105 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: pendean

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
In AutoCAD for Mac never had such setting in its options.
Look at this topic, I provided a link in it to the useful AutoLISP routine which can help to solve your problem:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/background-color-problem-in-layout-in-mac-2015...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 106 of 141
push_pull

It seems strange to me that 2013 lt for mac doesn't have the capabilities or stability of 2008 lt on windows.  It also seems like support for software is dropped really fast on the mac.  I haven't used Autocad on windows since 2010.  But it seemed like Autodesk would fix new problems from software incompatability regularly in windows but not on Mac.  I had to upgrade to 2013 lt from 2012 lt because an update, I think to adobe flash, made it impossible to use.  A particular font that a 40+ sheet set used was printing exploded and un readable. I lost days of work out of my pocket trying to print a project that was complete. It cost less Money to upgrade to 2013 than replace the text across 4 seperate projects.  A week later Yosimite came out, 2013 lt was dropped from the app store, and it seems like I keep having new issues with 2013.  As far as I can tell software I bought a month ago will no longer get support from autodesk.

Further more when I use AC LT along with spotify or hulu (reruns are like audio books to me) I lose the ability to drag and drop through out OSx. Both those services use flash. So I use them knowing I may have to restart to drag and drop. This has been an issue since 2012.

As a business it is getting harder to invest in software when there is a constant upgrade cycle to software and OS that seems to break functionality, and no assurance that either party is willing to solve the issue.  I think my $1000 should buy me at least a few years of support.

I want to support this platform as I prefer the OSx environment.  Most of my other software actually runs equal or better on Mac vs a comprable PC, except autoCAD.  And right now AC LT is my primary software.

At least the Autodesk forums are awesome.

Message 107 of 141
lamo0osh_93

am using windows version and mac version at the same time so 

i liked the autocad 2014 more than 2015 for mac 

for me it's really good using mac but i had problem in 3d modeling i couldn't find some tools like camera creation and editing materials also there is no express tool 

Message 108 of 141
mylenelorrain

I'm a student and only recently started working with AutoCAD. In school we are learning with the easy and simple PC version. But at home i own a MAC, wich means i need to learn both versions sice they are so incredebly diffrent! My feedback is also a question... Why is the MAC and PC version almost two completly different programs? I have not encountered any problems on the MAC version up to now other than tring to find some commands (or dialog boxes especially).

Message 109 of 141
richardasampson

I had AutoCAD LT Mac 2013 installed on a Mac Pro using Mavericks.  I updated to yosemite and everything was working fine.  I recently installed a new SSD and migrated my applications to the new SSD.  That broke ACAD LT 2013 from starting anymore.

I see that there is now a service pac 3 for yosemity compatibilty BUT since ACAD broke I tried to re-install and had to remove ACAD LT 2013 to try that so I removed it.  Now Yosemite keeps stopping the installation and I get an error message saying that operating system not supported, you need OS 10.6.4  at a minimum.

How are we who have had ACAD uninstalled supposed to apply the patch if we cannot install a fresh copy of ACAD 2013?????  We own that program, I hae afull license, and are out 1,200 bucks due to Yosemite incompatibility for a fresh installation to apply the new service pac.

AutoDesk, do you have a solution to this problem to keep your customers up and operating??  I am a sole proprietor and cannot afford to upgrade to ACAD LT 2015 at this point and I cannot work without AutoCAD.

I have installed Draftsight 2015 temporarily to keep my present projects going but I need my purchased copy of ACAD LT 2013 to work using the provided update for Yosemite compatibility.

Message 110 of 141

Autodesk doesn't want seriously develop this software for Mac. This is probably a secret commercial and industrial "Pact of Steel" between Microsoft and Autodesk (would not to be the first time...don't forget a historical partnership between Microsoft and IBM against Netscape...), because it's not acceptable that a software colossus as Autodesk doesn't do a software for MacOS... So, don't install your Autocad for Mac rather install on a virtual machine a "WINzozz" version... In this way, it's sadly I know, you solve all problems...

Ing. Giuseppe Giambelluca
+39.3801751540
giuseppe.giambelluca@gmail.com
follow me on Twitter @giambelluca

Think Green!
Hai davvero bisogno di stampare questa email? Do you really need to print this email?

Le informazioni e gli allegati contenute nella presente comunicazione sono riservate e destinate esclusivamente alle persone o alla Società sopraindicati. La diffusione, distribuzione e/o copertura del documento trasmesso da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita ai sensi del D.Lgs.196/03 ed alle leggi internazionali sulla privacy e sul copyright. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di distruggerlo e di informarci immediatamente per telefono allo +39.380.1751540 o inviando una e-mail a giuseppe.giambelluca@gmail.com. Grazie per la collaborazione.

The information and attachments contained in this communication is confidential and only for individuals or companies above indicated. Diffusion, distribution and / or cover of the transmitted document by someone other than the addressee is prohibited by italian and international privacy and copyright laws. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately by telephone at +39.380.1751540 or send an e-mail to giuseppe.giambelluca@gmail.com. Thanks for collaboration.
Eng. G. Giambelluca
Message 111 of 141
dr.palmer
in reply to: richardasampson

Since you have the original drive that you used to migrate to the new SSD, why not just boot from this drive?

Since this is a business, you probably have a bootable backup, right? The MP has 4 drive slots to use for backup and/or storage.

Drives are dirt cheap.

Message 112 of 141
richardasampson
in reply to: dr.palmer

that is the next step, thanks!  I'm still really angry that AutoDesk is dragging their feet though.

Message 113 of 141
CosmicRocket

Where is the "view" command dialogue box? I have lots of drawings setup in AutoCAD for Windows with long or complicated view names and i am unable to navigate to them on a mac without remembering the names and labouriously typing them in.

High on my list of things to fix.

There is also the "apply to layout" check box missing from print dialogue which is really handy and I miss in the Mac version.

Message 114 of 141
davidv37

Having been an AutoCAD for windows for 20 years I thought I would try the MAC version as Autodesk permits a second installation and we have just invested in a brand new iMAC with 5K display.

Now I dont know if it is just my bad luck or whether the programme is just riddled with bugs, but the number of crashes I am enduring is completely unacceptable. 

It crashes at least 4 times a day, sometimes when changing properties, sometimes when editing blocks, sometimes when attempting to hatch, sometimes when I just leave the programme for a break. There is no logic or pattern that i can find.

Following a crash or lock up a box may pop up asking to report to Autodesk, which I do, sometimes an Apple crash report box pops up.

I have lost track of the number of crash reports with my email address that have gone back to Autodesk but nothing has ever come back.

I guess I could install the windows version on bootcamp or on parallels but that seems daft given that Autodesk has written a programme specifically for MAC, however I dont have much hair left to tear out and my patience with this programme is stretched to the limit.

David

Message 115 of 141
davidv37
in reply to: davidv37

Shoukd have added the screenshot showing system overview. 

AutoCAD is 2015 up to date.

Message 116 of 141
Kathleeen

Hi! I recently bought a Macbook pro with retina 15" and downloaded the autocad for mac 2015 free trial off the website but after installing it wont open. The loading screen comes up then just closes. How can I fix this?

Message 117 of 141
dr.palmer
in reply to: Kathleeen

I would goto the Autodesk directory in Applications on your Mac and use the uninstall Acad 2015 app, and then reinstall the program again and report what happens. Make sure you follow the install and license instructions. Is this a new machine?

Message 118 of 141
dr.palmer

Are these new dwgs. or existing ones from another version? Does this happen with new drawings?

after the next crash, you ought to post the crash log here.

Maybe people could view this and offer suggestions.

Message 119 of 141
davidv37
in reply to: dr.palmer

This is a brand new iMAC with 16Gb ram.

I seem to have resolved the issue by turning off the default setting under Application preferences / General / Open GL / untick Activate OpenGL Core Profile

The program occasionally locks up and requires a force quit but no more so than in Windows. This usually happens when more than one drawing is open at a time but I cant be more specific than that.

The only other thing which is a definate instant crash is attempting to change the plot styles diect from the plot style table in Page Setup but I have learnt to stay away from that one.

Message 120 of 141
dr.palmer

I glad to hear that all is almost well.
Good luck in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost