AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for MAC user? Give them your feedback

140 REPLIES 140
Message 1 of 141
pendean
7238 Views, 140 Replies

AutoCAD for MAC user? Give them your feedback

@ShaanHurley: Have You Tried or Use #AutoCAD for Mac? The Team would like your feedback. http://t.co/kU1FkxGSHh
140 REPLIES 140
Message 41 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: robblz

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi Robb,

If you are using full version of AutoCAD (not LT), then you can try to use AutoLISP routine from my blog:

Layer States Manager For AutoCAD For Mac (Visual Friendly CLI)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 42 of 141
sumanshekhar
in reply to: maxim_k

I am using AutoCAD 2014 for Mac on my macbook pro retina 13 inch (8gb,256 gb,intel iris graphics).Whenever an AutoCAD 2014 drawing is open ,swiping between desktops and dashboard is glitchy.These graphics glitches once continued after quiting AutoCAD also.But they disappeared after relaunching AutoCAD and quitting it normally.But they still exist whenever AutoCAD is open.I tried reinstalling AutoCAD to no avail.Is there a way I can fix this ?

Message 43 of 141
cobbyegan
in reply to: pendean

Installed Lion on my Mac and now none of my drawings will open!!!!  It will cost me thousands of dollars to upgrade.  Any sugestions?

Kathleen Egan

Message 44 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: cobbyegan

Hi Kathleen,

What version of AutoCAD do you have on your Mac? Are you able to launch AutoCAD and create new drawings in it?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 45 of 141

Carissimo Collega di sventura... Ho il tuo stesso problema e ho ripristinato il mio mac molte volte prima di capire che fosse questo schifo di autocad lt 2013 a fare sfarfallare tutto il mio monitor.... Pensare che ho pagato pure oltre 1500 euro la licenza...

Ho impiegato un'altro pò per capire che questo sfarfallio accade quando è in esecuzione autocad e quando passo, in contemporanea, da un desktop all'altro... lì è la fine...

A questo punto puoi fare quello che vuoi ma la soluzione è reistallare tutto il SO ovvero ripristinare con TIMEMACHINE...

Invece qualche volta - pura fortuna non saprei - mi è capitato di ripristinare il problema chiudendo autocad, riaprendolo e girando i desktops... per magia lo sfarfallio ad un certo punto si placa. A questo punto chiudo autocad e il mac è tornato normale...

Penso che per Autodesk, l'azienda di software GRAFICI più importante al mondo, è semplicemente vergognoso e scandaloso che ciò accada e che non prenda un serio provvedimento per risolvere la questione…. Penso di farmi convertire la licenza da LT2013 MAC a LT2013 WIN… questa è la vera soluzione.

Eng. G. Giambelluca
Message 46 of 141

Dear misfortune collegue ... I have the same problem and I restored my mac several times before realizing that it was this lousy autocad lt 2013 do flicker all over my monitor ....And if I think that I paid over 1500 € ($ 2000) the license ...
It took me a while to understand that this flicker happens when it is running autocad, simultaneously, and I pass from one desktop to another ... there is the end ...
At this point you can do whatever you want but the solution is going to restore the OS or restore with TimeMachine ...

Instead sometimes - pure luck couse I do not know - It happened to solve the problem by closing autocad, opening it after again and turning the desktops ... for magic flickering, at some point, disappears . So, I close autocad, and my imac is back to normal ...

I think for Autodesk, one of the biggest important graphic software company in the world, is simply shameful and scandalous that to happen... and that they does not take serious action to resolve the issue .... I think, now, to convert the license from LT2013 MAC to 2013LT WIN ...All that is very sad but this is the real solution...

If Some expert of Autodesk read this, I hope they take serious measures in regard to the above. Also because I have purchased a license that would have to be compatible with my operating system (as it was certified in the Autodesk Official website) but at the moment, indipendently from my single installation since the same problem occurs also at other, it don't run correctly... and without considering dozens of other features which LT Win instead has!

My Configuration:

iMac (dec.2011) 3,1 i5 - OSX 10.8.5 - 16 GB RAM 1333 DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

Autocad LT 2013 for MAC SP2

Eng. G. Giambelluca
Message 47 of 141
maxim_k
in reply to: giambelluca

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi G. Giambelluca,

Are you aware of this:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7228/apple-initiates-video-card-replacement-program-for-radeon-hd-6970...

and

It seems that your iMac can get into the "risk zone"

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 48 of 141
giambelluca

Dear Maxim_k,

I think that your reported article is not inherent. Because the issues on my iMac are the same, for example, of those on Riccardoamato88's Macbook with Retina Display (year 2013), as well as reported by him in page 1 of this forum conversation...

AUTODESK MUST TO FIX IT!!!!

Eng. G. Giambelluca
Message 49 of 141
rgwhatley
in reply to: giambelluca

It sounds like the same vsync issue I have. Apparently it's due to autocads graphics engine.

Message 50 of 141
rick

Sorry to jump in here,but I'm having the same problem,I upgraded to Mavericks, and am runnng AutoCad for Mac 2012.

Crashes every time I try to modify a Dimension Style.

Just have to wait for update?

Message 51 of 141
maxim_k

Hi,

Only AC 2013 and 2014 supports On Mavericks, I am afraid 2012 will not receive an update for compatibility with OS X 10.9.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 52 of 141
mcdonnellj

Hello,

I have a Mac, but I am operating on the windows side running Windows 7.  For some reason, everytime I try to draw a line in AutoCAD 2013 my cursor skips when I to draw the line.  I have tried multiple things to resolve this issue but so far I have not been successful.  It was not always this way and I don't recall changing anything that may have caused this.

Has anyone heard of this happening?  And most importantly, does anyone have answer to resolve this problem?

Message 53 of 141
pendean

Multiple things? Is there a reason you can't just spell them out? 🙂

1. Turn off SNAP: it's only active when in a command and behaves like you describe.
Message 54 of 141
Myno

I use AutoCAD to generate 3D models that I use in external custom software.  It is more difficult to perform that export than it needs to be. 

Simple fix... provide a flag to change the STLOUT command to prevent it from translating the model relative to the origin.

Here is the situation.  To my knowledge, AutoCAD supports exporting the following model formats:

.DWG (obviously)

.DXF

.SAT

.STL

The easiest of these to parse with external custom code  __BY FAR__  is .STL.  It can even be washed through MeshLab to create .OBJ files.  But the action of STLOUT has one significant flaw.  The model is moved relative to the origin.  This is apparently done to be convenient for the 3D printers that are the intended consumers of .STL files.

All you have to do is provide a switch that eliminates that translation relative to the origin, and life will be good for those of us who need to export models that retain their carefully-placed position relative to the origin.

Why is this important?  I just got through expending a lot of time to generate a 3D font (because AutoCAD for Mac does not support TXTEXP... sigh).  In order for my custom software to create lines of 3D text out of individual 3D letters, it is crucial that each 3D letter be positioned carefully relative to the baseline of the line of text.  The vertical position of the bottom of curve-bottomed letters is NOT the same as it is for flat-bottomed letters.  The present STLOUT function ruins that careful font design feature... as well as placing the lower-case 'p' at the same vertical position as the upper-case 'P'.  In the present situation, I have to adjust the vertical position of each letter individually in MeshLab or in my own custom software... or I have to build a much more complicated parser to handle one of the other model export formats, such as .SAT.

Message 55 of 141
cayres182

Overal the 2014 LT version I'm using is the most stable, more so I've even took out the subscription service for 2015. 2014 does still hang & crash but as Ive switched over to the Mac platform and the very fact that AutoDesk are now supporting the Mac platform is great. So I'm happy to put up with the odd hang & crash.

Would be good to see it catch up with the very stable windows version 🙂

Message 56 of 141
GPSJane

The most important piece of feedback; why on earth is this software so stunted compared to the Windows version? Just one example; I cannot access any of the blocks available to everyone else as part of the software but you want me to pay the same amount!

I have been testing AutoCAD for Mac and I can tell there is no way in hell I am going to buy it!
Message 57 of 141
justshutup
in reply to: GPSJane

@GPSJane wrote:
The most important piece of feedback; why on earth is this software so stunted compared to the Windows version? Just one example; I cannot access any of the blocks available to everyone else as part of the software but you want me to pay the same amount!

I have been testing AutoCAD for Mac and I can tell there is no way in hell I am going to buy it!

This is an apples and oranges topic.  They are two different products; one is not a version of the other.  I believe that you have arrived at the correct conclusion for your workflow.  

Message 58 of 141
Penderwyd

Bottm line:  Four versions in and still no dynamic block editing, not drawing props and not express tools.  Still waiting, still frustrating my customers with blowing away thier use of smart fileds in drawing borders...  Sad.

Maybe AutoDesk thinks AutoCAD for Mac is just for students trying to learn CAD instead of professionals who use the tools daily.

Dave Chiarelli
Message 59 of 141
LiBo89

Hi there!
I am newly working with Autocad 2014 on Mac. I used it with Windows for several years but since I have a mac now (Macbook Pro Retina 15'') and having to work on Windows Parallels made me mad, I tried Autcoad for Mac now adn so far I like working with it.

BUT there is a problem that occurs every time I am working on it for a longer period- so almost always: When I want to copy or push any file (doesn't just concern dwg) from one place to another on my computer, it just doesn't work. It just hangs on the cursor and will not drop or escape from the command. 
Only a restart of the Computer helps with the problem. This is really annyoing!

Do you know of that problem and/or have a solution for that?

Message 60 of 141
gpeacock

I could not located anyway to enable a "classic" menu structure.  It didn't appear to be an available option.

Unfortunately, I am one of many who have been relying on AutoCAD and have made minor adaptations to deal with changes.  The velocity of business these days (2014) doesn't allow for much time to be spent relearning new UI's designed by those whom are not fully understanding the workday of those who use the product for a lower percentage of their "billable" time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost