AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac launch failure> Don't have FLEXnet Publisher on my comp!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
seth
9857 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac launch failure> Don't have FLEXnet Publisher on my comp!

Hello,

When I try to open AutoCAD, I get this alert message:

"Folders on your computer that AUtoCAD needs access to are not available. AutoCAD cannot run until folder permission issues are resolved."

>AutoCAD for Mac fails to launch when installed on migrated Mac hard drive. The only solution I can find- to rename the FLEXnet publisher folder- does not work because there is no FLEXnet Publisher folder in Library/ Preferences on my computer. 

I don't know if this is pertinent, but the Adobe CS6 suite is installed on my computer. I also purchased this software as a student.

How can I get AutoCAD to launch again? My search for a solution has to come to a dead end. Please help, I have projects to do!

Thank you,
Seth Barnard

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
maxim_k
in reply to: seth

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi Seth,

As I understand that after installation you never get it to launch, and still have not pass activation stage. Is it correct?
Are you using root account on your Mac by chance?
Where are you looking for Flexnet publisher folder? It should be inside Library folder in the root folder of your Mac (not inside your home folder).
Could you provide System log information from Console application at the moment when you trying to launch AutoCAD?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 21
seth
in reply to: maxim_k

Yes, AutoCAD is installed on my mac, however I can't open the application.

I am not using a root account on my mac.

The FLEXnet Publisher folder does not exist in the Library/ Preferences Folder within the root folder, I searched in the terminal and it said that it does not exist? that is the issue.

When I try to open AutoCAD, this is the only data that the console gives me:

Nov 19 12:06:21 seths-mac-pro.att.net coreaudiod[169]: Disabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is active
Nov 19 12:06:21 seths-mac-pro.att.net coreaudiod[169]: Enabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is inactive

Thanks for your help Maxim!

Seth
Message 4 of 21
maxim_k

Hi Seth,
The info from Console is not about AutoCAD.
What about activation?
If you have not passed it, then the message about permissions from AutoCAD related to the fact that it cannot write information to the /Library folder on your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 21
maxim_k

Which AutoCAD you have and which OS?

M

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 21
seth

What do you mean by activation?

I have AutoCAD 2013 installed on Mac OS 10.8.5

-Seth

Message 7 of 21
maxim_k

Activation means that after first time installing AutoCAD if you have Internet connection you will see:

than small window from LMU application appears which attempt to connect to activation server, and then after short period if activation was successful AutoCAD launches.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 21
seth

The activation window you posted does not show when I click the AutoCAD icon in the tool bar. 

How can I start using AutoCAD again??

Message 9 of 21
maxim_k

Hi Seth,

Why you wrote "again"? Did you use AutoCAD on your Mac before (before something have changed and now you can not launch it)?
And as I wrote before: it looks like you have serious permission problems on your Mac, and I can not advice you anything without direct access to your Mac.
Anyway, I can suggest you to create new account with admin privileges ant try to launch AutoCAD from this new account.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 21
seth

I'll try to be more clear.

My computer needed a repair that would delete all my files, so I used time machine to back up my computer. Before this repair AutoCAD was working fine. When I migrated all my files back onto my computer, AutoCAD would not open, even though the program was automatically re-installed and in the dock. When I try to open the AutoCAD, an alert pops up (first image attached). 

When I click to learn more, the diagnosis for the problem pops up (second image). However, This solution doesn't work because I don't have the FLEXnet Publisher folder to rename. It is nowhere on my computer. What is the other solution?

Thanks again for your help Maxim.

Message 11 of 21
maxim_k

That's why I never use Time Machine for backup and cloning purposes, I'd prefer to use CCC or SuperDuper! to create bootable clone of Mac HDD.
So for now it is obvious that something (permissions problems) prevents AutoCAD from writing necessary data to /Library/Preferences folder.
Try to search Internet about such kind of problems, can not advice you, because I never had such problems.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 21
eljimz.urq11

I have the same problem, isued time machine for restore the sistem and now autocad does't run. I reinstalled the aplication and did not work. If I find the solution i'll give you!. 

Message 13 of 21
maxim_k

Hi,

Could you provide more details?
What OS do you have? Which AutoCAD version?
Did you have AutoCAD already installed on your Mac at the time on which you restored your System?
Have you removed AutoCAD preferences during removing AutoCAD when you was trying to reinstall it?
Are you absolutely sure that you can not find Flexnet Publisher preferences folder on your Mac in order to use this solution:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 21
eljimz.urq11

Sure!. I have OSX 10.9.1 and Autocad 2013 version. Autocad was installed before to restore the system, when I reinstalled AutoCAD I did not remove its preferences, now it does not run. I found the FLEXnet folder but when I try to rename the folder Terminal says that the command is incorrect. What do you think to do it from Finder directly?.

Message 15 of 21
maxim_k

You can move "/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher" folder to some "safe" place on your Mac (for example to Desktop) using Finder. Be sure to move, not copy it. After you move this folder, try to start AutoCAD. If it will not start, than reinstall with removing existing preferences.
If you are using AC 2013 for Mac on Mavericks, than don't forget to install SP2 for it.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 16 of 21
eljimz.urq11

Thanks!. I did it and works fine!. I moved the folder to trash, so I reinstalled AC and had to restart the computer and finally Autocad could run!. I also found a website where step by step and with screenshots explained another solution.
http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html
Message 17 of 21
jediblads
in reply to: eljimz.urq11

OK, I'm also having similar issues... I recently had to resize my Mac / BootCamp partitions and in the process had to create image files of the appropriate paritions before and after sizing- I used Winclone for this process.  Currently I'm using OSX 10.9.3 - AutoCAD for Mac 2014.  It was a stondalone version, previously registered, unfortunately after the harrdrive and the data wasmigrated/restored to my "new" system drive - After migration, I had successfully restored all files but AutoCAD for Mac fails to launch.

after doing the process outlined in this article, 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

the response I recived said the that the existing FLEXnet Publisher folder could not be renamed as they do not exist.

hopefully uou can offer some assistance, many thanks

Message 18 of 21
maxim_k
in reply to: jediblads

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Can you try this illustrated guide:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

in order to be sure, that FLEXnet folder is in place on your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 19 of 21

Hi Maxim,

I'm having a similar problem.  I can't find the FlexnetPublisher folder anywhere...any advice on where I might find it?  

Message 20 of 21
maxim_k

Hi,
It should be inside Library -> Preferences folder. The Library folder is not at the root of your Mac HD, but inside your home folder and it is hidden by default in Finder. To go inside this Library folder you need to use Go menu in Finder, when you pick on this menu, hold Option key on keyboard and you will see Library item, select it and contents of Library folder will be opened in Finder, than look for Preferences folder in it, open it than find Flexnet publisher folder.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost