AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad for Mac doesn't launch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pCondylis
1951 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad for Mac doesn't launch

Hello,

I am using a new Macbook Pro 7.1, 2.66 GHz, 8 GB Ram, with Nvidia GeForce 320M (256 MB) graphics card. Language is set to English. I have installed AutoCad for mac from the trial download website, on a trial license. The installation runs with no problems. 

However, the product does not launch. It loads the splash screen, says "loading..." and then simply disappears and doesn't open the program. (The dock image stops bouncing and shows that its not open.)

In the activity monitor program, I see that Autocad starts to run, then at some point the license manager process opens. Soon after the splash page disappears, the autocad item in activity monitor terminates, and then the license manager also terminates.

I've read the troubleshooting information, which is not very useful. 

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Paul.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pCondylis
in reply to: pCondylis

some additional information:

1) autocad was installed after the computer had been restarted into 64 bit mode (i.e. restarted with "6" and "4" keys depressed).

2) Its a 13 inch macbook pro 7.1, Intel Core 2 Duo.

3) updated software as of 24 November 2010 (updated before installing autocad).

4) There are several Adobe programs installed: bridge cs4, drive cs4 illustrator cs4 media player, reader...

Message 3 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Paul,

I'm afraid that your problem lies in the fact that you have software from Adobe installed on you MAC. I think it could be conflict in FLEXnet License manager. The only way to check this - uninstall Adobe products (maybe remove adobe license files, or place it away from "/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher" folder - these files looks like "adobe_XXXXXXXX_tsf.data"). Then try to run AotoCAD.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 7
pCondylis

thanks a lot for the reply! But that really sucks (not your reply obviously, but the fact that there is a conflict with Adobe) ! 🙂

Why is there a conflict?

also: Do I need to uninstall all adobe products? Or just there license files?

(I tried simply moving the Flexnet publisher ".data" file to my desktop, and tried to open autocad, but no success. )

thanks!

paul

Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

I think you should try to uninstall all Adobe software. (Hope that you can install it back, if my advice does not help).

Or if you have empty external USB HDD, or even SD card(16 Gb is enough), and 2-3 hours of free time, you can first try to install MAC OS X on it and try to install AutoCAD on "clean" system.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Paul,

Look at this discussion with your namesake:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/Quits-during-splash-screen-with-no-error-message/m-p/2...

Maybe it helps you too.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 7
pCondylis

Hello, it works!

thank you for your very useful suggestions.

I looked into the other post, linked above, and removed the whole flexnet publisher folder from the library/preferences/ directory, into the trash (though of course I didn't empty the trash!). Then I uninstalled autocad, restarted, reinstalled, opened it, and it works!

Then I copied the files from the flexnet publisher folder that I had in the trash into the one created by autocad.

Now everything works, autocad and adobe. 

Now all we need is a native Autodesk Inventor for mac! 

Thanks,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost