AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad for MAC - Database connection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
282 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad for MAC - Database connection

We attempt to move on AutoCAD for MAC. We did a lot of developpments for over 100'000 USD in Autocad for Windows using database connection. Obviously, in the MAC version this is not supported. Unfortunatly, this hold us away from that hardware inverstment. Is there any plan to add that function in the next release ?

Regards

PHLOUIS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

first & important: I can not (and do not) speak for Autodesk!

But if I do development in the size you did I would have done my own database-connection written by myself. So I would be undependend from any unknown CAO-future ... and as the last internal releasenumber was 16 (not sure, just out of my remember) that is a sign to be careful in investigating into it.

Well but now it's your state where you are, so let's check what is your state exactly:

• what API's do you use
  • what database do you use, what dataamount do you have currently, how many drawings (about) are database-linked
  • what AutoCAD-release do you have at the moment

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost