AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac 2014 issues with OSX 10.9.1

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vlobello
1641 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac 2014 issues with OSX 10.9.1

Hello everyone!

I have AutoCAD for Mac 2014 installed on my MacBook with a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, and 4 GB ram. It worked great up until Friday, when I upgraded from 10.9 to 10.9.1. I then ran into the startup issue discussed elsewhere on the forum.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 2014 with "Remember AutoCAD Preferences" turned off, which solved that problem.

I was able to print this morning after two tries, but can no longer plot from AutoCAD. I cannot plot to my Designjet 500 nor to PDF. Both give me no error message, but simply don't do anything. 

The scroll wheel has been semi-responsive for the past day or so, but it seems that the Beta release of Autocad 2014 SP1 did the trick for that. Unfortunately, it has not fixed the printing issue.

Anyone else been having these problems?

Thanks

Vince

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: vlobello

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Vince,
Are you able to print from other applications on your Mac? Have you checked the latest drivers for DesignJet 500?
What do you mean by "The scroll wheel has been semi-responsive"?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
vlobello
in reply to: maxim_k

All other applications are printing fine- I can print a PDF. I thought I'd do a quick fix and print as PDF then print the PDF, but cannot create a PDF either. It acts like it is about to do so, then does nothing. Drivers are up to date and working in other applications.

The scroll wheel issue began by not working at all, with several different mice. Checked settings in AutoCAD and in MagicPREFs to make sure they were on...The issue went away with a fresh install of AutoCAD, but occasionally still scrolls slowly then catches up. 

The only change made before these issues started happening was upgrading from 10.9 to 10.9.1. I was able to plot once after upgrading to 10.9.1, but cannot do so again.

Thanks!

Vince

Message 4 of 7
vlobello

An update-

I tried batch printing to PDF and that worked...still not ideal but at least I can get something out!

Vince
Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Vince,

I also have this issue after upgrading to Mavericks from Mountain Lion, and here is the trick, that allows to "Open PDF in Preview" and, probably print to physical device (have not tried this):

If you are using Custom paper size for Page setup and when you open Print dialog, you may notice that Paper Size called "Custom", instead of the name you gave it in Page setup (A1+210 in my case):

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.13.01.png

If you will open Paper Size list and select your real Custom paper size name - everything should work fine.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
vlobello
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim-

Many cold beverages and great thanks to you! I can't believe I didn't try this- but my previous page size was listed as "custom" before...so I never thought to do so. Man do I feel like the horse's rear end.
Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

Actually the solution came from other man, I just out it here.
BTW: it is actually an issue of Mavericks, which handles Custom Paper sizes in a different way than it was in previous OS.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost